Where is the Line? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Where is the Line?

Where do you draw the line? In other words, at what point do you believe there is no turning around for MV? I've read the latest forums about customer service, parts, and dealerships dropping MV. Several are emotionally latent, but there are some facts that cannot be disputed. Some threads are taken so personally that the respondents attack those who complain.

I came into the MV family fully aware there were some issues, but work-arounds existed. I ignored forum member complaints about declined or delayed warranty work thinking that they were probably obnoxious and naturally no one wanted to work with them. The first time I had this experience was when my battery failed (still had 6 months of warranty left). From the point that my dealer put in the request, it took over 2 weeks for MV to respond and approve a new battery. Though this may appear small, what it tells me is that there is no one in the chain with approval authority for something as small as a battery. The next thing that came up was the surge in used MVs appearing on the market. I clearly remember some forum members saying that it would be a cold day in hell when someone would put up an ORO for sale. Well, it happened, and then more and more showed up on the market and the prices dropped. Then the CCs started showing up at tremendous discounts - not sure how many sold. Now we're seeing the last of the last - the Veltros. Oh and lets not forget MV is trying to raise (to support racing?) money by raffling bikes with wine - really?

There is no consensus on this site. You have one party that extols the hand-built quality of this Italian bike vs mass produced. However, when someone buys a brand new model and parts fall off (come loose) and they complain - they are lectured that they should have checked the bike after riding it.

I am thankful for the diversity on this site and enjoy the supportive and positive attitudes (and that includes come crankers because they keep it interesting). If I sell my MVs it will because the company can no longer support the bike or its customers. At this point, there are indicators of this which only create suspicion, I hope it doesn't go any further.

Time to ride.

Last edited by LiquidWhy; 08-09-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 AM

There are no line and boundary buddy at lone you still ride of any kind bikes on market, you will find each of it kind had it own problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM

I think that MV should have a very damn hard look at their parts and warranty department. I have ridden number of MVs, the old ones, the new ones, very used ones, on track, on road. I love the brand and the build quality, but things like that(heat protection falling off, dust in dash,... ) shouldn't happen.

You order parts and wait for them soooo long, warranty repairs taking for ever. And saying that as someone who didn't need many new parts and never had a warranty repair, and I also do all the work on bikes by myself.

If I would be in a market for new sport bike right now and budget would only allow one bike, I wouldn't be looking at MV. I would buy an Aprilia RSV4.

They seriously need to get their stuff together, since economy isn't looking bright. You can't sell expensive bikes with weak aftersales and dealer activities.

So Donsy get's a letter from Castiglioni. Well that's nice, but they should rather send out parts to Australia rather than nice words.

Those saying that old F4's are better bikes than Y10. Well, they ain't. Design is more iconic, that is for sure, but overall package is better today. The same for Brutale.

Someone who has connections with MV send them this; get serious guys! Don't sell wine and wood boxes, sell bikes and parts.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM

With such small numbers of MV's sold there will always be these sort of problems. Dealers will be few, the numbers they sell will be few so they will be multi brand dealers as they could not survive from MV sales only. The mechanic will only occasionaly work on MV so how good can he be expected to be when most of his time will be spent on Honda's or something else. The dealer will carry minimal stock for obvious reasons. Coupled to a factory that obviously needs it's spare parts department to be revised so it has some sort of efficiency.
Anyhow I went through this with owning Ducati's in Australia in the 70's & 80's and don't regret it at all so for me there is no line and I will put up with whatever it takes to own an MV. The Italian bikes may have short comings with supply etc but there is nothing else comes close to riding them.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizel View Post
With such small numbers of MV's sold there will always be these sort of problems. Dealers will be few, the numbers they sell will be few so they will be multi brand dealers as they could not survive from MV sales only. The mechanic will only occasionaly work on MV so how good can he be expected to be when most of his time will be spent on Honda's or something else. The dealer will carry minimal stock for obvious reasons. Coupled to a factory that obviously needs it's spare parts department to be revised so it has some sort of efficiency.
Anyhow I went through this with owning Ducati's in Australia in the 70's & 80's and don't regret it at all so for me there is no line and I will put up with whatever it takes to own an MV. The Italian bikes may have short comings with supply etc but there is nothing else comes close to riding them.
+1 My thoughts exactly.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
See Crash2Much's post detailing his conversation with MV concerning the US...may make you feel a bit better.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 PM
lee

The line depends on how much you're willing to put up with. From what I gather reading in here MV has gone downhill in several areas which is a shame. There are other choices out there which are just as appealing without some of MV's headaches.

I had a Tamburini. Fine, fine machine, and I never had one lick of trouble with it or getting parts promptly. That being said under the current state of affairs I would not buy an MV. I would be looking hard at Ducati now.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Phil - You are true MV enthusiast. I am confident there are several members here who also share your passion.

Crash appears to be addressing the multitude of problems MV is facing, see:
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41346

That thread is addressing the quad-fold problem of Marketing, Parts, Quality, and Warranty issues. I agree with all of you that marketing is a major issue. Lack of communication from MV down the line to the customer is abhorrent. So, here are my recommendations:
1) Get your marketing department in gear
2) Explain what you are going to do to address the parts/warranty/quality issues
3) Explain when you are going to implement these steps (timeline)
4) Put it all in writing

Even if I arrived at the MV factory just burning mad, I can guarantee that once they started stroking my ego, gave me a tour, let me sit on the new F3, take pictures, gave me some souvenirs and told me everything is going to be OK - I would forget all of my frustration(s). However, once I got home and time passed, I would suddenly realized I got duped by a bunch of lip service.

MV, I love you guys, but please stop saying you're going to do something (or worst - ignore us by pretending nothing is wrong) and either fix it or provide a timeline/plan on how you're going to fix it. In addition, when you announce something or want to get information out, please tell all of your dealerships - at the same time (within a reasonable timeline). And finally, you want to get the word out ASAP - send this forum the news release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilAgusta View Post
There are no line and boundary buddy at lone you still ride of any kind bikes on market, you will find each of it kind had it own problem

Last edited by LiquidWhy; 08-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 12:11 PM

Cool

Under HD's shortlived reign two things (at least) were happening: better parts supply as MV was able to op new credit lines with their suppliers, and development of new models put into high gear.

Now that Dottore C is back, parts supply appears to have gone backwards and the new models (the Y10 F4 at least; don't know about the Brutales) appear to suffer form cost cutting exercises and inadequate quality control.

All would seem to be a symptom of the same financial restraints that were the order of the day before HD stepped in.

Does anyone know if MV sales have improved now that their models come in at a lower price level?

I will repeat I never had any sort of quality problem with my 5 previous generation MV's.

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post
If I would be in a market for new sport bike right now and budget would only allow one bike, I wouldn't be looking at MV. I would buy an Aprilia RSV4.
Me too

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode