mv headquarters - uninvited visit - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

mv headquarters - uninvited visit

was recently in italy when i starting having problems with the brutale or more accurately the brutale was having problems starting... suddenly the horn and the starter button stopped working and fuses started blowing. thanks to a couple of friends i started it off the solenoids and a friendly chap in a bar came over and told us there was an mv dealer around the corner... a few minutes later we were following his directions - not easy considering his lack of english and our complete lack of italian. next thing weave down a bit of a country lane and look up at the 'MV Headquarters' sign !! just as we were stopped and saying 'this is just offices, a man came out of a security box and asked what we wanted, when he understood our sign language he rang for someone who came out and talked perfect english ! he explained that although they carried all the parts in the factory they had no one who could actually tell me what was wrong ( ) but kindly gave me instructions to the nearest mv dealer. In the meantime i and my friends got to see a double level lorry being loaded with brand new shrink wrapped Mv's all destined for new owners....
unfortunately the local dealer was closed all that day too, so thanks to a little garage in lecco who kindly made me a couple of wires to start the bike all the way round europe.. some friends later went to the moto guzzi factory in lecco, i told them i'd already had my factory experience !!

great experience and cant believe the attention the brutale got in it's home country - also cant believe i didnt see another one on the road - i thought they would be everywhere....

back in the uk and the bike is going back to my local mv dealer to be seen to, hopefully they have someone capable of telliing me what is wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Wow....interesting story there!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Sounds like a short in the wiring, mebbe a wire rubbing against the frame perhaps. A decent auto electrician who knows a bit about bikes rather than just cars should be able to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

yeah def a short somewhere but needed it to go back to dealers in case its a warranty thing
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM
The Dude

Nice!

When exactly were you there?

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode