July 17th 2011: New Member Rob - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

July 17th 2011: New Member Rob

Hello,

This is my First post here, so I thought it would seem fit to use it as an introduction. My name is Rob, I was made in 1965, born in 1966, and I live in Holland Europe. I’ve been riding motorcycles since 1999.

I still own my First bike, a 1995 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder that has been completely modified over time. Only the frame is still original. It takes an Intruder owner to recognize it as one.

My second bike was a Suzuki GSXR1100, which I totalled just across the border from Luxemburg to Belgium. My fault, luckily only the bike was hurt.
Third bike was a Honda Blackbird, which was totalled with the help of a German in a van. Totally his fault. Once again I had all the luck in the World, walking away with only the same bruses I had on the occasion exactly one year earlier.

I got a good deal on the Blackbird wreck, which got me in the position to buy a 2000 F4S, so I did. This had been my dreambike ever since I First saw one.

I had a hard time getting aquainted with the extremities that define this bike: leaning so far over the bike that I had the feeling I would catapult off everytime I hit the brakes and no power compared to the Blackbird. But I loved her anyway and over time she grew upon me. Thanks (in part) to the modifications I did (and had done) on her.
I replaced all the black plastic with CRC Carbon Fibre, had all Aluminum replaced by Magnesium and had custom CF fairing made for the Silver parts. The Exhaust is now an RG3 and I replaced the useless Sachs rearshock for a tailor made Wilbers one. The suspension has been set up by a Suspension Race Mechanic. I relocated the rear Brake Reservoir with a Factory kit and made a license plate Mount that provides the plate with a speed trap friendly angle. Last step was a superb tuning session at Dipi Moto, she now has 123HP at the rear Wheel, without taking ‘ram air’ in account.
I’m perfectly happy with my bike as it is now, I couldn’t wish for anything more. Ever since I moved to a bigger house I really can’t;-)

Besides the Suzook and the F4 I have a Ducati M900, upgraded to 944cc and (again) modified heavily. This is my ‘daily driver bike’ so to speak. It thunders and roars like no other bike out there, and I love her for it.

I learned to be my own mechanic while I had a 1977 Dodge W200 Pickup Truck. Now I do a lot of the (small) maintenace and modifications on my bikes myself.

Having escaped two crashes unhurt I beacme a fairly defensive rider. I only go ‘flat out’ If I know where the road goes and traffic is light. I still have to do my First track session.

So, nice to meet you all!

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Site Sponsor

Welcome Rob to the family!

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

916 276-1080 cell
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the world wide MV family!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Established Member

Welcome. I am sure that your MV will give you better luck. Ride safe!

2003 749S
2008 F4 R312
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Big Randaddy

Have fun, make friends, learn a lot, sell your F4, buy a Brutie.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Tanks guys!
I don't see myself selling my '75% Oro', ever, at least not as long as I'm physically able to ride her. If I want to go naked, I take the Monster out.
Rob
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi Rob

Welcome to the site, just out of interest, where did you total the GSXR? I used to work for a company based in Liege who also had a facility in Luxemburg so I know the roads in that area quite well.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Hi Rob

Welcome to the site, just out of interest, where did you total the GSXR? I used to work for a company based in Liege who also had a facility in Luxemburg so I know the roads in that area quite well.
Hello John,
I don't recall the name of the road, but it was just across the border and heading to St.Vite. Not far behind said border we took a right turn to St.Vite. The road goes up hill and where it flattens there is an immediate curve to the left. I was carrying way too much speed for my talent and all I could think was "I'll never make it". I somehow hit the guard rail (no exact memory of that) and fell off the bike. It was barely rideable as the front fork was crooked, but we made it to the nearest restaurant. Nice folk, they let me store my bike in their garage to be picked up later. I got home on the pillion seat of my mate's ZX9R.

You know the road I'm referring to?

Rob.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 06:39 AM

and I thought you had signed up on this day just to wish me a happy birthday.......................

welcome aboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode