MV Agusta Factory visit - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

MV Agusta Factory visit

Today I went to the MV Agusta Factory in Varese. The flight was ok and the weather was excellent. Once arrived I noticed that the people of the car rental company were retarded and Italian traffic sucks bigtime!

But those negative points were compensated by the fact that we were guided around the factory by 2 gorgeous woman.

Things I learned today:

-all the engine parts are made at the MVAgusta factory.
-every engine is handbuilt by 1 mechanic.
-once completed every engine undergoes a 20 min test at a dynostation. (I made a few pictures of the schedule).
-everyday 36 engines are completed.
-everyday 2 random engines are picked out and reved to the max to be later analised.
-in the new factory the engines are mounted in a frame.
-when finished, every bike is checked and putted on a Dyno station.

-they have stopped producing the F4-1000S. The F4-1000R is the replacement.
-they were finishing an orange Brutale. It will be presented at the Milan motofare and will be put in production.
-they are currently out of Brembo Superlight wheels. The old wheels are mounted on the F4-R and will be replaced when the Brmebo wheels come back in stock.

I took a lot of pictures. A lot of the factory, the 2 nice woman, the orange Brutale, etc... I will post them later this week.

After seeing the testfase of every engine, I ask myself: "why do we bother to brake in the engine...???"

For the guys interested: I asked an engineer: there are NO differences between the engine and exhaust system of the F4-R and the Senna.

Greets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 PM
lk

Peet.. I appreciate you telling us all about your most interesting trip.. as i'm sure everyone would concur... I wish i would have been able to join you.

Now.. you know we are all fans of the MV. And.. most of us guys, even the married ones, are also fans of the females. So when you, or any man, has had the fortune of going to the MV factory, being made privy to whats going on at MV before the magazines, to take pictures of the factory and the new machines we will all eventually drool over.. AND have pics of hot italian girls.. Peet.. you don't feel like posting those pics today.. or tomorrow.. well.. Peet.. don't make me come to Italy and ... umm.. do something i'll regret! You post those pics NOW my friend.. NOW!!! Fuck later this week. Stay up an extra 10 minutes tonight. If you are performing brain surgery on the poor and needy.. then you'll have till the end of the week. If I see on CNN that you saved the free world from certain doom i'll give you till saturday.

What you conveniently left out was if you managed to ask either of the girls out???
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Sweet...no break-in required..see, the manual is all legal hokey pokey....you shoula also asked how and which way to "break in" the motor, since they have the crap beaten out of them from the factory...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Oh...and Orange Brutale...sexy...can't wait for pics. Will is be a standard model or a "limited edition"???

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peet
Today I went to the MV Agusta Factory in Varese. The flight was ok and the weather was excellent. Once arrived I noticed that the people of the car rental company were retarded and Italian traffic sucks bigtime!

But those negative points were compensated by the fact that we were guided around the factory by 2 gorgeous woman.

Things I learned today:

-all the engine parts are made at the MVAgusta factory.
-every engine is handbuilt by 1 mechanic.
-once completed every engine undergoes a 20 min test at a dynostation. (I made a few pictures of the schedule).
-everyday 36 engines are completed.
-everyday 2 random engines are picked out and reved to the max to be later analised.
-in the new factory the engines are mounted in a frame.
-when finished, every bike is checked and putted on a Dyno station.

-they have stopped producing the F4-1000S. The F4-1000R is the replacement.
-they were finishing an orange Brutale. It will be presented at the Milan motofare and will be put in production.
-they are currently out of Brembo Superlight wheels. The old wheels are mounted on the F4-R and will be replaced when the Brmebo wheels come back in stock.

I took a lot of pictures. A lot of the factory, the 2 nice woman, the orange Brutale, etc... I will post them later this week.

After seeing the testfase of every engine, I ask myself: "why do we bother to brake in the engine...???"

For the guys interested: I asked an engineer: there are NO differences between the engine and exhaust system of the F4-R and the Senna.

Greets
this is fascinating stuff
all engine built:
1. by hand
2. by 1 guy

that is amazing
i'm going to go out and spend some time with my brutale in the garage

thanks so much for telling us about your experience today

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

@Netizen:

1. if you wanna kick my ass 4 not posting the pics, I live in Belgium.

2. I took the pictures with a friends camera. I'll try to get the pictures 2 morrow (We made over 100)

3. No unfortunately I didn't ask her out, since I left the same day out of Italy.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM

I told you! Ride them like a rental car!

Uhhh, WE WANT PICTS NOW!!!!! YES< I"M SCREAMING!!!

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Sweet...no break-in required..see, the manual is all legal hokey pokey....you shoula also asked how and which way to "break in" the motor, since they have the crap beaten out of them from the factory...
yeah....
this IS intersting
makes you think about what "break-in" REALLY means

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Oh...and Orange Brutale...sexy...can't wait for pics. Will is be a standard model or a "limited edition"???
Normal model.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 07:00 PM

Thanks for all that great info, how did you get on to the factory tour? Sounds like a fantastic day out...
Was there anything they did not allow you to photograph??

Looking forward to photos!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode