MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Agusta and MotoGP

7K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Benny0597 
#1 ·
I am a big MotoGP fan, it would be great to have a MV Agusta team in MotoGP.
What do you guys think ?

Do MV Agusta have a factory team at all ?

#4 ·
It would probably require a takeover by Fiat to even remotely consider MotoGP.

#13 ·
I think the sponsors and the money are out there. Team Aspar here in Spain have riders in all classes of Moto G.P.
They also have someone dedicated to public relations and raising sponsorship. This is the key.
To have the unique brand image of M.V. to sell, would be an advantage.
Kenny Roberts is quoted as saying that the reason so much more money goes to F1, is that the sponsors don,t get "the blow job" from Moto G.P. that they get from the cars.
Moto G.P. is becoming boring, and something must be done to reverse this and attract new money. I watch it live, at least once a year and often the actual race is the least entertaining part of the weekend.
Just my opinion, and I will still go and watch the best riders in the world when I can. Awesome, just awesome.

#16 ·
Weight issues

For MotoGP if it like the AMA ( no puns please) the bike would need to weight in the 360lbs range or less. I'm not sure if our bike could get that light. I love my F4 but its heavy for a racebike. We have a CCS racer here in Charlotte that went to a S1000RR for just that reason.

#18 ·
For MotoGP if it like the AMA ( no puns please) the bike would need to weight in the 360lbs range or less. I'm not sure if our bike could get that light. I love my F4 but its heavy for a racebike. We have a CCS racer here in Charlotte that went to a S1000RR for just that reason.
If they had a serious strip down i don't think it would be that far off would it?

#20 ·
Isn't the right question why aren't they in WSBK? Motogp is a different type of bike, specifically developed for that series. You won't see your F4 out there.

However, WSBK or any of the domestic series could and have seen MV in the recent past. Would be great to see them on the grid for sure. Still, expensive.... Too bad the Foggy effort mentioned above didn't quite take off.

#21 ·
Couple of seasons ago there were amazing battles between lorenzo and rossi. Now its boring. The bikes are nothing really they don't appear fantastically racey like say a formula 1 car, neither do the manufacturers make a similar road bike except for Ducati's awesome GP replica offering which is no longer in production.

Bit boring to be honest. I watch the TT higlights each year, but besides that I follow the formula 1.

Would love to see MV agusta involved in BSB or WSB. Even if they came last every race it would definately add some kudos to the brand.

#24 ·
Could the F4 be competitive against the new Kawasaki and BMW, R1, etc. in WSB.
I doubt it. Nice dream though.
WSB would be a more natural arena for MV than Moto G.P. but that would need a new model, and that is not likely to happen any time soon, if at all. The F4, which is now over 10 years old, with only detail refinements, would not be competitive imho. Frank

#26 ·
Senior management at MV have stated no interest it creating a factory supported race team.
Lowering the bar even more, I'd be happy with a 2012 effort on the F3 in the 600 Superstocks support races.
Until then the marketing term "motorcycle art" indicates the real vision of MV. And that's a real shame and my biggest frustration with the brand.
Why create the hype behind the F3 and make claims about it being a class leading race platform and then not follow through by actually putting it on the grid?

#27 ·
Ditto +1 - 600 Superstocks would be a great thing to see, and alot cheaper than WSBK or MotoGP. What a fantastic thing for the new F3!

A guess they are also worried about brand damage if they did poorly? :wtf:

#29 ·
Food for thought
Just like most members here, it hurts me to think that OUR brand is not racing. SO.....
Questions for our senior members, guys with contacts and folks with knowledge -
1. How much does a race team cost a year for GP,WSB
2. Would it be possible to approach MV with proposal of fan sponsored/subsidized factory team
3. Would we have enough interested members to pitch in a little on say monthly basis
pay 1/2 the cost? other by MV - think about the advertisement - we (current customers) love the brand enough to help the racing team, and in return - how about the main racer attend Babba III (no, i have not been, but would love to participate next year), or something along this line.
No, im not rich or wealthy, but i WILL pitch in to get MV back on track.

Any thoughts?

#30 ·
Giovanni Castiglioni said to me, if somebody will sponsor MV Agusta with 50 Million Euro a Year he will definetly go for Moto GP. WSB is of course cheaper.
So I doubt that a few donations of us members/owners would change here anything.

#33 ·
LMAO "I'll ride it for free." ha, I'll sleep with a super model even if she doesn't buy me lunch! It would be great to have an MV super bike team. Get a couple of people from the forum to help redesign the engine for cooling and power then work on the suspension and let's go!

#34 ·
ill even let them use my bike if they crash the one they spent all the money on haha.
Seriously some message needs to be put across somehow that the general (MV loving) public want to see it back on the track where it belongs, whatever that is (motoGP, BSB, WSBK, TT......anything!)..... we need something to support!
Yeah it does cost a lot, but there is sponsorship and all sorts of things..... and if they do well then its only going to boost the profile of MV further and sell more bikes anyway, so its profit making in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.