MV Agusta Forum banner

Go Pro camera

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  hes 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I bought this camera as it has several and different features I like for more than one of the sports I like to practice (which include several watersports).

Anyways, have you ever tried this on F4 or Brutale? I have a cheap helmet that I got the helmet mount on, but dont want to do that on my nice helmet. Does the suction cup get good grip to, for example, get it mounted on a side fairing to make videos facing forward or backwards? How about that one mounted on the tank?

Last, I have the big handlebar mount that I can put around the forks on the brutale. Would you or yould you not recommend that?

Thanks

#2 ·
hes...

Most of the time I capture helmet cam vids using the GoPro and the Contour. Both come with mounts I stick on the side of the helmet, and they hold WELL. Advantage of the helmet mount approach is it works with different bikes, it gives the perspective from the rider, plus one can look around selectively.

That said, I also suction mount the GoPro and Contour onto the side of bikes, like the F4. I use a soft shoe lace to safety tie the mount in case I hit a major bump and it shakes loose, but I've never needed the shoe lace safety net. That suction mount when placed properly, holds on!

Here's a GoPro vid with the mount on the side of the F4 (Watch that front suspension at work!)... The F4 Through Sweepers - Streaming Video

Steve

#3 ·
I also have the GoPro HD. Mine came with a suction cup mount along with a few different static mounts. I have taken mine to the racetrack and the suction cup has held while going 160 down the back straight at VIR, that is facing forward as well as backwards. If you search in Bubba II thread, i posted a few video's from the track day. Enjoy that thing, it is great fun.

#5 ·
I actually have one mount on the top of my snowboarding helmet, and it works well b/c you can face the camera either direction without having to unscrew it from the mount itself. It also allows for more viewing area, b/c it isn't blocked by your helmet if you have it on the side.

#6 ·
Good point. Was just wondering as I have mainly seen the mount on the side of helmets and not on the top.

Thanks again. Have a few test videos on the car, Desmo and Brutale but are quite short and not too impresive. Was just out testing the different views with different mounts.

Will post something up when I get a good one.

#7 ·
Down low on the side fairings is a good shot if you have the suction cup. Like sfarson said, it is nice to see the suspension working.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.