Go Pro camera - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
hes

Go Pro camera

Hi guys. I bought this camera as it has several and different features I like for more than one of the sports I like to practice (which include several watersports).

Anyways, have you ever tried this on F4 or Brutale? I have a cheap helmet that I got the helmet mount on, but dont want to do that on my nice helmet. Does the suction cup get good grip to, for example, get it mounted on a side fairing to make videos facing forward or backwards? How about that one mounted on the tank?

Last, I have the big handlebar mount that I can put around the forks on the brutale. Would you or yould you not recommend that?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 01:47 AM

hes...

Most of the time I capture helmet cam vids using the GoPro and the Contour. Both come with mounts I stick on the side of the helmet, and they hold WELL. Advantage of the helmet mount approach is it works with different bikes, it gives the perspective from the rider, plus one can look around selectively.

That said, I also suction mount the GoPro and Contour onto the side of bikes, like the F4. I use a soft shoe lace to safety tie the mount in case I hit a major bump and it shakes loose, but I've never needed the shoe lace safety net. That suction mount when placed properly, holds on!

Here's a GoPro vid with the mount on the side of the F4 (Watch that front suspension at work!)... The F4 Through Sweepers - Streaming Video

Steve
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I also have the GoPro HD. Mine came with a suction cup mount along with a few different static mounts. I have taken mine to the racetrack and the suction cup has held while going 160 down the back straight at VIR, that is facing forward as well as backwards. If you search in Bubba II thread, i posted a few video's from the track day. Enjoy that thing, it is great fun.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
hes

Awesome, thanks.

Now, on the helmet mount, I did it on my on top of it and not the side. Is there any difference in your oppinion?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I actually have one mount on the top of my snowboarding helmet, and it works well b/c you can face the camera either direction without having to unscrew it from the mount itself. It also allows for more viewing area, b/c it isn't blocked by your helmet if you have it on the side.

Motorcycle Art!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
hes

Good point. Was just wondering as I have mainly seen the mount on the side of helmets and not on the top.

Thanks again. Have a few test videos on the car, Desmo and Brutale but are quite short and not too impresive. Was just out testing the different views with different mounts.

Will post something up when I get a good one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Down low on the side fairings is a good shot if you have the suction cup. Like sfarson said, it is nice to see the suspension working.

Motorcycle Art!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Awesome, thanks.

Now, on the helmet mount, I did it on my on top of it and not the side. Is there any difference in your oppinion?
I prefer the mount on the side of the helmet, like near the jaw/ear area when. When on the top of the helmet, with a wide angle, the bike looks so far down down and out there. It's more realistic down on the left side of your helmet (if riding on the right side of the road).

Here's a helmetcam version... North Pass
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
hes

Cool video and side mount not too bad. I thought there would be more helmet interference but it is minimal.

Uploaded a few seconds of tests to youtube. They were two attempts to see the views, arond my house. So not to judge any riding but camera options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FM4bSg71_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_EF3_s0MvM

And if you want to see how the car slides sideways on a cold floor and cold tires ... look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk9Rd6i2XN4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode