MV Agusta Forum banner

Spam email about a UK MV Agusta forum?

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Donsy 
#1 ·
Anyone else get a whole bunch of spam emails about a new UK MV Agusta forum?

#6 ·
Okay. I took a better look through those e-mails and I see what's going on. Ade started a new UK MV forum and sent the e-mail to several of us and the e-mail list is very long - which is why I didn't go all the way done to the body for each e-mail. Other people then responded to Ade using "reply all" so it appears we got the same e-mail several times over.

So, it's technically not spam but just looked that way. Here's the message:

Dear all

I’m very pleased to inform you all that Riccardo (Frenaugo) and myself have now set up a new MV Agusta forum here in the UK.

http://www.mvagustauk.net/forum/forum.php

The new mvagustauk.net forum has taken some leads from the highly respected and well presented US based forum mvagusta.net and hopes to provide a slightly different feel because it is esentially UK orientated.

You may see that there are already a number of familiar faces contributing, some that you may indeed already recognise. We would be absoulutely delighted if you would join us and contribute to what we hope will be a succesful meetingplace for like minded MV Agusta officianado’s.

I must stress that just because this is a UK based forum that it has not been designed for UK MV owners in particular, the point I am trying to make is that we hope it will have a slightly different feel and format to the US forum and in reality we recognise that it is the members/contributors that actaully make the forum what it is and provide it with its unique identity.

At this time we are only 3 weeks up and running and there are many aspects that will need ‘Tweaking’ such as the front page for example, but as they say ‘Rome Wasnt Built In A Day’ but we would like to hope that our small village in England is gradually taking shape brick by brick and would very much value your input.

Ricc and I would love to see you sign up and tell us what you would ideally like to see in a forum and what would make you feel at hope and be happy to identify with.

See you there.

Ade

#11 ·
If replies above state that they received it as spam, then that strikes me as odd. And through much communication between him and I, was there a reason why I was particularly left off? Does the new rise of the UK forum come in line with his dropped sponsorship?... many questions to be answered. I won't discuss this further here.

#13 ·
Neither being a UK or US resident....I can't really comment from a Geo perspective...however what was the phrase....one by land...two by sea ??? (LMAO)....no disrespect Alvin...love the the .net "global" forum ;-)

#15 ·
I got also lots of emails , even on 2 adresses . One is the one from my shop...
I emailed Ade and he removed the shop one, directly :)
As i,m quite happy with this forum and not a uk resident , why move ?
For Uk people i can understand for meeting each other etc....

#19 ·
I got the same emails but I have bought several items from Ade so my email is no secret to anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.