Canadian's take a look at this!!! Prayers answered! -- MV Agusta expanding to Canada - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Canadian's take a look at this!!! Prayers answered! -- MV Agusta expanding to Canada

Official MV Press release:

Varese, December 2nd 2010 - MV Agusta enters the Canadian market appointing Motovan Corporation as its exclusive importer.

"We have finally succeeded in obtaining all of the necessary approvals from the Canadian authorities therefore the motorcycles can be imported into Canada for the very first time in the history of MV Agusta. After many inquiries from Canadian consumers, we are very proud to have reached an agreement with a reputable Canadian powersports organization such as Motovan" says Umberto Uccelli sales director MV Agusta. James Paladino, President and CEO of Motovan Corporation is an Italo-Candian who has always helped maintain Italy’s unique image. James states: "We are very happy to be associated with MV Agusta so that our passion lives on in our family. To me, this is a tribute to my father (founder of Motovan) since he worked on MV Agusta motorcycles in the 1950’s from his shop in a little village in Italy".

In the very near future, Motovan will be appointing a small number of high-level dealers in order to sell this prestigious brand and obtain good coverage for all enthusiasts who have been waiting for such a long time. For the first year, the number of motorcycles will be extremely limited therefore Motovan will be launching a website www.mvagustacanada.com which allows the serious buyer the possibility to reserve his or her motorcycle on-line.

This association with Canada demonstrates another step for MV Agusta in its worldwide network expansion plans. Soon, other announcements will be made.

MOTOVAN CORPORATION - Established in 1980, Motovan imports, exports, distributes and manufactures replacement parts and accessories for motorized recreational vehicles (Motorcycles/MX, ATVs, snowmobiles) as well as providing logistics services to other powersports organizations. Motovan is the Canadian distribution leader, boasting the largest sales team and network of powersports dealers in Canada. All reference materials, catalogs, industry information, press releases and product features can all be found on-line for your convenience at: www.motovan.com

Last edited by alvin; 12-03-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Great to hear that MV is continuing to expand, just in time for the F3!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 AM

Hooray!

That's great news. Now you'll have another bike to choose from 3 months out of the year when it's not snowing. Send my holiday greetings to Brewmeister Smith.

Just taking a jab.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Established Member

Just spoke with our Motovan rep and she says it looks like there will be bikes at the Toronto show as well as the Vancouver show. There was also mention of possible demo bikes in the various regions for those not blessed enough to have ridden one of these to take a ride and then pre-order their bikes at that time. I know being up here in the great white north and missing my MV, I can't wait until the sales are up and running so I can put a deposit down. The website should be up and running soon so keep checking into it. Cheers
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
It's about time... congrats!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Being from Canada and trying to get one of these suckers has been a pain, hence why I don't have one yet.

Can anyone tell me if this "granted pass" to sell MV's to Canada is only for NEW bikes or does that open the doors for purchasing older MV's as well?

I am getting sick of this border protection stuff and us Canadian getting stomped with gouged DUCATI sales...here comes the MV "break your wallet" too.

Thanks for your help guys.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Tendy, you can get one now as long as it's for the track. I spoke with a rep from the RIV and as long as 'any motorcycle' is for 'closed course' your good to go. My plans were to get a F3 when available in the USA and bring it up in 'track bike form' under the exemption rule. However there would be no way in hell to stick plates on it. Besides, where else can you truly experience one of these bikes if not on the track? I've got more track km's on my Aprilia than I do road km's. Now that the bikes are going to be sold here that eliminates a big hassle of going to the USA for parts/service. If they put these bikes on the RIV list then prices shouldn't matter 'cause you could still import it relatively easy and get it serviced up here.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Established Member

When I asked that question about importing older/ used bikes, the answer I got was that they were going to try to only let in new bikes as to keep the dealers happy and fed, so to speak. The market would get inundated with used imports and not as many new would be sold, that from Motovan. As far as the track bike rule goes, it has to signed off by a sanctioning body for "race series". When I asked exactly what that meant, they said it had to signed off by the sanctioning body of a recognized association/ organization that they, the RIV, recognize.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:36 PM

SOB's it's always about the money and the control. Even with the granting of MV in Canada there are still two guys in Canada trying to sell their legal MV's for double and tripple the price. Kajiji Toronto has a 2001 MV agusta with 15000km's on it, guy asking low $20's. The other gentleman on this website is asking $35k for his AGO. This is leading me away from the MV decision as I love this bike to death and desire one considerably but for the hassle's I am getting extrmely fed up.

I don't know much about the Bimota's but they are very interesting as well. Does anyone recommend them or are these banned from Canada as well?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 AM

How long is the riding season up there in Canada?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode