MV Agusta Forum banner

MV,s in Oxfordshire.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Chr1s_j 
#1 ·
Hi guys, been riding almost forty years but this spring, got my first MV, a new 1090 Brutale, still grinning from ear to ear! Just wondering if there are any members in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area of the UK. Really like the info on here and would like to hook up with some local members.

#7 ·
Hi Chris, I'm pretty local to you in Warwickshire...any coincidnce that they KO'd the cameras in Oxfordshire :f4:just before you got your missile !

joe
I've not been into Oxford for a while - been heading the other way into South Wales and the Brecon Beacon roads. The fact that the cameras have gone is a good reason to reacquaint myself with the area :naughty:

#8 ·
Well just you be careful cuz they will still have camera enforcement out there...and a man in black hiding behind a tree with a speed gun is way harder to spot than a bright yellow safety camera !

When I owned my Hayabusa I got a letter from the Police regarding a speeding offence...It was the most awful scary experience opening the envelope and slowly looking down at the facts and figures...
I was actually stunned with happiness mixed with despair when it turned out I was snapped in Coleshill doing the riduculously spine tingling speed of 33mph on the industrial estate...in my Pick Up Truck....

It did bring home to me though in black and white...If they catch you ..you are in heap big trouble....

joe

ps tell me what roads you like out in Brecon...haven't been for a few years and should take a wander out that way....I've been to Crickhowell and Abergavenny in the past...

#9 ·
Well just you be careful cuz they will still have camera enforcement out there...and a man in black hiding behind a tree with a speed gun is way harder to spot than a bright yellow safety camera !

When I owned my Hayabusa I got a letter from the Police regarding a speeding offence...It was the most awful scary experience opening the envelope and slowly looking down at the facts and figures...
I was actually stunned with happiness mixed with despair when it turned out I was snapped in Coleshill doing the riduculously spine tingling speed of 33mph on the industrial estate...in my Pick Up Truck....

It did bring home to me though in black and white...If they catch you ..you are in heap big trouble....

joe

ps tell me what roads you like out in Brecon...haven't been for a few years and should take a wander out that way....I've been to Crickhowell and Abergavenny in the past...
There are many great roads around there - the A40 you mentioned through Crickhowell is great but also going from Brecon to Leominster

I did have 9 points on my license at one stage and that was quite sobering - I could not do my job without driving so I have slowed down a lot, both in the car and on the bike - done about 250,000 miles since I was last caught so either I've slowed down or I'm a hell of a lot more observant :naughty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.