Mv In Australia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Mv In Australia

Was wondering if someone could help in to who is looking after MV here in OZ now. After calling PFGroup they passed me on to Peter Stevens Group who were very helpful until the conversation came around to WARRANY issues. There was a dead silence on the other end and the national sales guy told me quote " we have nothing at all to do with MV except the fact we have a few on the show room floor"?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcho73 View Post
Was wondering if someone could help in to who is looking after MV here in OZ now. After calling PFGroup they passed me on to Peter Stevens Group who were very helpful until the conversation came around to WARRANY issues. There was a dead silence on the other end and the national sales guy told me quote " we have nothing at all to do with MV except the fact we have a few on the show room floor"?...
Perhaps Jezzmert (Jeremy Merten, Moto Arena Gold Coast
0755966655) can enlighten you, given he has been posting on the arrival of the 2010/11 Mvs.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Mick , i gave him a call but was his RTO. the guy i spoke with pointed me to the Stevens group..ill try them again and see how i go.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 10:14 PM

your getting the run around. try get a hold of jezz before before you head back to PFG
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 AM

Hope you get the warranty sorted out real quick.
Notice how the current MVs has been dumped on the market - IMHO no one wants to carry the warranty.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:41 AM

Thats not good news,it sucks that we don't have any importer that is passionate about the brand
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Established Member

I'm in Perth and have had exactly the same dramas.
I love the bike, but am totally disgusted at the lack of support from either the dealer or importer(s).
I contacted Consumer Protection who advised I had to take it up with the dealer that I purchased the bike from, their problem with PFG and PS are between the dealer and supplier not for me to deal with. I purchased a bike with a warranty from the dealer and it's up to him to honour it.
Sounds good but that didn't stop the run around from continuing.
I ended up giving up and buying replacement parts myself, either that or wait months for to sort out the dealer and escalation process. But my warranty issues were fairly minor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
I love the bike, but am totally disgusted at the lack of support from either the dealer or importer(s).
I contacted Consumer Protection who advised I had to take it up with the dealer that I purchased the bike from, their problem with PFG and PS are between the dealer and supplier not for me to deal with. I purchased a bike with a warranty from the dealer and it's up to him to honour it.
I ended up giving up and buying replacement parts myself, either that or wait months for to sort out the dealer and escalation process. But my warranty issues were fairly minor.
thats the same shit that happened to me..i feel your hurt.
I did speak to a manager at Peter Stevens group who did inform me that they are not the importer but are looking after parts and sales until an importer is sorted
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
I blew my F4 up a month before PFG let MV go, so I was able to get replacement cranks and rods from Italy....still took 5 months to get my bike going again though...

..but a shudder to think what would happen now if one of you guys blow up your MV like I did. No real support at all right now.

This is the main reason I've gone back to Ducati.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
I blew my F4 up a month before PFG let MV go, so I was able to get replacement cranks and rods from Italy....still took 5 months to get my bike going again though...

..but a shudder to think what would happen now if one of you guys blow up your MV like I did. No real support at all right now.

This is the main reason I've gone back to Ducati.
Think ill do the same..buy a Ducati and get rid of the MV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode