MV Agusta Forum banner

Mv In Australia

6K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  djt77 
#1 ·
Was wondering if someone could help in to who is looking after MV here in OZ now. After calling PFGroup they passed me on to Peter Stevens Group who were very helpful until the conversation came around to WARRANY issues. There was a dead silence on the other end and the national sales guy told me quote " we have nothing at all to do with MV except the fact we have a few on the show room floor"?...:wtf:

#2 ·
Perhaps Jezzmert (Jeremy Merten, Moto Arena Gold Coast
0755966655) can enlighten you, given he has been posting on the arrival of the 2010/11 Mvs.

#6 ·
Thats not good news,it sucks that we don't have any importer that is passionate about the brand

#7 ·
I'm in Perth and have had exactly the same dramas.
I love the bike, but am totally disgusted at the lack of support from either the dealer or importer(s).
I contacted Consumer Protection who advised I had to take it up with the dealer that I purchased the bike from, their problem with PFG and PS are between the dealer and supplier not for me to deal with. I purchased a bike with a warranty from the dealer and it's up to him to honour it.
Sounds good but that didn't stop the run around from continuing.
I ended up giving up and buying replacement parts myself, either that or wait months for to sort out the dealer and escalation process. But my warranty issues were fairly minor.

#12 ·
This is ridiculous and insane! After reading a thread from a New Zealand member who has already tested the latest 2010 models that are available there, i felt rather unimpressed! Not only do we not have the new bikes here, but no real importer to look after us.. Pathetic!

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
Hi guys

The new importer is doing fine i have done a couple of claims with them now and it has all been good so far, all the parts are being air frieghted out so it only takes around 2 weeks max, They are only new to the brand but seem to be doing a better job than pfg already, i think most of your problems might be with your dealer but anyway happy to help in anyway guys.

Cheers

Jezz

Why does the new Importer not make some major announcement and try to re-establish the brand in Australia. There has been speculation about it being PS but heard nothing official.

#18 ·
Maybe you might be able to sort out my problem Jezz?
All the black coating on my front forks has worn off and now my fork seals are leaking?
The bike is out of warranty but i have been told guys have had there forks replaced even after warranty has expired?

#20 ·
Hi guys.
jezz has a new radiator on its way for me, under warranty, he was the only bloke willing to help me out, peter stevens was a bit rude over the phone, so when i need a new 312r ill be off to the gold coast.
cheers simon. :smoking:

#25 ·
Popped in to peter stevens in Melb (the Triumph/Harley store ...). Was told $25k on the road for the new F4 (which should be there in Jan). Not a bad price ... Too bad I already have the s1000rr, i really, really liked the new F4 ... but the lack of support, and the fact they aren't here yet is a big disappointment. I was also going to use it full time as a track bike ... the thought of how long it would take to get spares if I binned it put me off too.

Looking forward to the new F3 though ... :)

#27 ·
Hey my brothers - really sorry to hear about the problems back home.

NZ's 'official' importer is Triumph. NZ....they provide support to various privateer companies ...but charge an absolute premium and cannot compare to the forum sponsors and individuals (e.g. Vesuvio, Knurl, CAG etc)....now I say this based upon not having to make a warranty claim on a brand spanking new MV....if I was to do this.....I'd probably fly to US and ship one back :)

Very best of luck with getting this sorted....has anyone contact MV Italy and actually confirmed who's the official imported? (Mind you...I'd nominate Jezz)

Cheers

#28 · (Edited)
All good things come to those that wait..and wait..and wait

Dare I say there may be (hopefully) an announcement very soon regarding MVAgusta in Australia !
Re-inventing the MVAgusta brand in Australia needs to be professionally well planned, orchestrated and executed. This takes time to arrange....
No point rushing something as important as this (do we bikers want the new Ambassadors of MVAgusta in Australia to fail after a year or two? - NO way !)
The person(s) responsible for this "re-invention of the MVA wheel" are very serious and passionate about the MVA brand and REALLY want to take MVA in Australia to the highest level, with an absolute committment for excellence and top-notch support !
Don't worry bikers, all of our prayers will be answered soon...if we have waited this long, we can wait for a little while longer...the wheels are in motion...

Australian Securities & Investments Commission Index of corporate and business names
VIC B2316631E REGD MV AGUSTA IMPORTS
Name MV AGUSTA IMPORTS
Registered state/no. VIC B2316631E
Registration Date 06/10/2010

:mouthwate:):drummer::yo::f4::brutale:

#33 ·
Mate (not sure who that is I think it is Ben). I got a call just before chrissy, A dealer has sent one back to the old importer or something and they called me to tell me I could clear it. That same week I had MV Australia release the above prices so I told old importer I could not sell it at that price. Dont worry you think you got it bad I paid close to 20k for my 1098 as a dealer. I thought I was getting a good deal then two weeks later got the above information not happy!!!! However this is not unusual, even now I am selling Husqvarna's at less then I sold them to regular customers and less then I paid for my own only 3 months ago. The problem is I do not control the sale prices. Importers often call with clearances etc and especially at the start of a new year as they get nervous with old stock. Your one was virtually cost to me as is the other one they have now got to clear out. STill imagine those that paid $26,000 for them only last year also. In another year if there is old stock it will go down again. This is the cycle. Trust me I was thinking of you when they told me and I was not happy. It have not got the bike as it is up in queensland. WIll chat to you next time you drop in. If it is you. If not then thats still the story on the prices. I am out of pocket over 4k for mine.

#34 ·
Well I paid $31000 for mine - 312R - 20 months ago.. It's probably worth only about 15 + as a trade on the new F4 and I owe heaps more than that to Esanda!!! WTF !!!

But I dont care ..... just love the bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.