MV Agusta Forum banner

Using paddock stand or not?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  O-mac 
#1 ·
I will be putting the MV away for a while. I have a rear paddock stand, but no front one. Is it worth putting the bike on the rear stand or just leave it sitting on the tyres? I will be moving it about so it is not on one part of the tyre for a long time.TIA..

#2 ·
Not a problem IMO. Maybe inflate the tyres a bit more that normal if you are worried, but the only vehicles that suffer from prolonged standing are lorries in a hot climate, when the tyres can develop a flat spot.
A bike in the winter in U.K. will be alright.
On the other hand, I have a bike that rarely goes out and is off the floor back and front.
It keeps me happy!

#6 ·
Should be OK, the stand doesn't know or care what bike it's lifting. So long as it fits OK.

I Leave my RF9 on a paddock stand when I am away with a nose stand too, so both wheels are off the ground. I do not want to buy two more paddock stands so I will be getting an Abba Stand for the MV. This will allow me to get both wheels of the MV off the floor, it will also allow me to work on any of my bikes when used with the front paddock stand or even just a small pillar jack or axle stand under the belly. :yo:

#8 ·
I use an Abba on my MV and it is superb, does not lift the front though, i hate those spigot rear stands, no faith in them at all, Abba all the way for me, mind you those pit bulls look good too

#11 ·
Hey Badger nice to see another DBF'r on here that 3 of us now.

I use the abba stand and a trolley jack to get both wheels off the ground. Abba stands are 10 times more stable than paddock stands.

Plus the abba stand can be used when your on your own to safely lift the bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.