Returning after a long absence - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Returning after a long absence

Hello everyone. I haven't been on the site after replacing my '05 F4 1000 about a year ago with a Ducati Streetfighter S. I couldn't tolerate the riding position on the MV as I'm not a spring chicken any longer. I unfortunately was hit by a pickup truck on the freeway and suffered a fairly serious accident. I have been recovering at home since 9/15 and hopefully should be able to return to work in another month. I strongly considered giving up riding since my recovery has been pretty tough at times, but I just saw pics of the new F3 from a Pro Italia e- mail announcement. Wow! That bike is making me consider returning to riding again especially since I have a set of full MV leathers that I barely wore before I got my Streetfighter! It is so beautiful that I think I could buy it just to look at it! I guess that would be called garage art! I wonder if anyone knows what percentage of bike accident victims return to riding once their recovery is completed. Well, I'll keep reading about the F3 and see how I feel about returning to riding as my recovery continues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident, but its good that you still are able to write about it. Tell us what happened, that perhaps we can learn from it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Established Member

Hope the rest of your healing goes well chief
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Established Member

Glad you are around to talk about it m8. That F3 is a real looker, but seems very small to me, you could maybe put it on the mantle piece and look at it there instead of the garage Lol.

Thanks to the grace of god (or whoever), all my spills have been relatively small, and few and far between, so I can't offer any advice on getting back on after a biggie, but if you are considering it, then you are definitely on the mend I would say.

Good luck in whatever you chose to do M8
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 PM

The F3 is stunning.

I'm the same as you whereby the F4 position was torture. I am starting to think that even if this F3 is bad, i'll get one anyway because it's just so damn sexy!

2012 can't come soon enough!

**Admin edited: I have you on ignore **
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
lee

I sincerely hope that you're good as new when all's said and done. Sounds like you've got the sand to climb back on. Be alot better for your ego and self image instead of bailing. Even for just an ocassional putt. Heal soon pal.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 PM

New Site Garage
Very glad to hear that you're on the mend....it must have been a nasty one !

....wondered why you didn't look to a Brutale instead of the Streetfighter and F3....far more comfortable than the go-fast F4/F3's.

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig.Scuro View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident, but its good that you still are able to write about it. Tell us what happened, that perhaps we can learn from it.
Thanks for all the kind words! I live in Southern California and was on my way to work on 9/15 at about 6:45 am. I was riding my 2010 Ducati Streetfighter S in full protective gear except for regular jeans. I had just merged from the I-15 freeway onto the I-10 freeway when I spotted a big, black pickup truck speeding along in the right hand merging lane from a local street. I had just passed a tractor trailer on my left side and was looking in the left lane to merge. When I looked back to my lane, the speeding truck dodged directly in front of me and quickly applied the brakes because the cars ahead were not going as fast as he. I strongly applied both brakes but maintained control. As I attempted to make a quick pass on the left because my front tire was very close to his bumper, he swerved to the left also taking out my entire right front end. He never stopped after hitting me and disappeared into the flow of traffic. I know he saw what he had done, but he kept going. I remember how everything became in slow motion. I remember falling and tumbling, seeing the sky and then the ground over and over. I could hear myself tumbling along the ground. When everything stopped, I was sitting in the middle of the freeway watching the bumper of the tractor trailer I had just passed coming directly towards me! I thought to myself that I was going to die today and how inconvenient it was going to be to everyone I was going to leave behind. I wondered if it would be painful and if the bumper of the truck or the front tire of the truck would hit me. Then a voice in my head told me that I HAVE to get up and run! I have to look in the other lanes first as to not get hit. The voice told me to make it to the median strip and if I could do that, then I would be safe. I recall stumbling and seeing my right hand supporting me as I made my way to the median strip. I reached that spot and dove onto my back. At that point, I had an overwhelming feeling of being safe from being hit by any other vehicle.
A very nice lady appeared in my view from my helmet and asked if I was okay, followed by another nice man asking the same. I actually thought I was going to get up and finish my commute to work. Well the short version of my long story is that I was transported by ambulance to the nearby trauma center. My physical injuries were a shattered left collarbone, ruptured right 3rd finger joint capsule, road rash on both knees and other minor bruises. I have been in a figure 8 brace since then with a right hand cast for the past month which has recently been replaced with a brace. I have an orthopedic appointment this week to see if and when I can return to work anytime soon. It has been a very emotional and physical struggle. I'm still not sure about my return to riding. I have been a very safe and skilled rider for the past 23 years and have never been in an accident. So I guess time and seeing the new MV F3 in person will tell. Thank you so much for letting me vent and shed quite a few tears as I have written this post. I'll keep everyone informed. Thanks again!
Jesse

Last edited by J Ingram; 11-09-2010 at 12:40 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 01:05 AM

suv driver get back on soon All the best
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 04:52 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
I sincerely hope that you're good as new when all's said and done. Sounds like you've got the sand to climb back on. Be alot better for your ego and self image instead of bailing. Even for just an ocassional putt. Heal soon pal.

Glad you're not too bad Jesse, sounds like a lucky escape to me!! Have you got any X-Rays to post up on CAG's personal X-Ray thread?? Good news is that you are considering and F3....................Nothing wrong with your sense of style then!!

BTW

Hey Lee.....................you need a frigging haircut mate, the afro just doesn't suit you at all and yer ears are looking a bit droopy too.

Attached Images

Last edited by adecritten; 11-09-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode