MV Agusta Forum banner

No helmet in Hawaii

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  june bug 
#1 ·
Just got back from Hawaii, what's the go with riding without a helmet?
Not sure if the sunglasses will help in a crash!!

I wanted to check out Mulholland Hwy in CA but the weather was crap in LA - ie it actually rained with hail and thunder!!

#5 ·
Some states are encouraging organ donor programs....it's a good thing....helps clean up the gene pool, too....

#8 ·
Just got back from Hawaii, what's the go with riding without a helmet?
Not sure if the sunglasses will help in a crash!!

I wanted to check out Mulholland Hwy in CA but the weather was crap in LA - ie it actually rained with hail and thunder!!
I rented in Hawaii this year as well, the guy laughed when I told him I was serious about needing a helmet. Rode with sunglasses and a bee flew up under them, luckily just before a stop sign and I was able to get it out without injury.

#13 ·
Actually in the US I believe its only like 7 states total that have no helmet law. And if in some states if there is a no helmet law then your required to carry more insurance (Florida) and in Alaska the Operator can go without but his Passenger has to wear one regardless.

#14 ·
hey each to their own the helmets are there for people to buy.

you either wear one or you don't its up to personal decision. personally, as long as you are the only person you injure by not wearing one that is fine.

hey i just don't feel comfortable not earing a helmet anymore on a motorcycle or a bicycle, its actually strange not wearing one on a bicycle for me since i've worn one for so many years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.