Demographic of a MV owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Demographic of a MV owner

Many times, when out for a ride with a friend of mine (a fellow F4 owner), we've sat and chatted about why we own our MV's and perhaps, more importantly, why we keep one. Style? Riding satisfaction?? Yes, those are most certainly two aspects you would expect to hear about MV ownership. Practicality on the other hand? Probably not.

I know we've had polls on the age range of ownership. I think if you stop at any popular biking waterhole (definately here in the UK) the average age of bikers is up there in the late 30's and into the 40's these days. Whereas 30 years ago the average age was much younger. However I think back then the motor bike someone owned was probably the only powered transport they had. But there are plenty of younger guys (and girls) on this forum too.

So be honest, why have you got a MV in the garage?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 10-21-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
So be honest, why have you got a MV in the garage?
1) It's cheaper than a Ferrari.

2) Try and take a nice car for a Sunday drive and you will quickly get the shits being held up in traffic.

**Admin edited: I have you on ignore **
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post

I think back then the motor bike someone owned was probably the only powered transport they had.
That's how it started, for my generation at least. Moped at 14 years of age with no licence requirement, unlimited bike licence at 16, two years before you could even consider driving a box on 4 wheels. Some of us never lost the passion.

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink

Biking in the UK has drastically changed since Vauxhall started building the Nova 1.3 SR and Halfords started selling huge cheap Sub Woofer speakers from China.

The migrations of the Lee’s of this World have gone over to cars because of the changing social scene. Also, parents nowadays are more aware of health & safety and don’t want their kids to be an organ donor waiting to happen.

I own an F4 simply because I like the way it looks. It’s that basic and biking is in my blood.

PS: There is a massive difference between a UK Lee and a USA Lee

EMAIL :
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 AM

The day I saw a 200? 750 I was just in AWWE on how cool it looked and How cool he looked on it! We were all riding in a pack and I could stop staring at this thing on how cool it was! I could have been lured into the dark van with that thing and got raped and would never had told on him! So I just saved and sold some possessions mostly my body.. and bought one! Now I have one because it makes me look cool and Im finally popular because everyone wants to know about it! Still working on getting laid out of owning one maybe I should go to the car parks with JDS since its dark and they cant see me!
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 AM

I Always wanted a Cagiva , and this was the closest i could get Joke aside, its the look of the bike, and the handling that did it for me. Used to own a Fz1, but the bike never did anything good for my feelings, until i tested the brutale. That bike is what a street fighter is all about
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 AM

I have an MV for:

1) It's relationship to ferrari
2) It's rarity Exclusivity
3) It's beauty

I was 27 years old when I purchased it new.

2005 MV F4-1000S

Last edited by Turbo329; 10-21-2010 at 10:44 AM.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Established Member

I'm 52yo and own a few bikes including an F4 1000s.

I bought one because I thought it was possibly the most beautiful sportbike ever designed. To me, it looks absolutely gorgeous from every possible angle.

I had to make a 16 hr round trip to a dealership to buy it and when I got home and unloaded it, my wife said, "My god that thing is beautiful."

I agree.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM

I had rode nothing but Jap bikes and wanted to get something that stuck out from the crowd of squids.....so I bought a Ducati. But when the Duc let me down, I switched to the MV. Actaully prefer the inline 4 to the twin.....plus the looks and sound are second to none.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 AM

I bought the MV so I could stand out from the crowd.

When my friends and I are out riding and we stop for a break there's always atleast one person who will walk up to our group of bikes and stare (because they wish they could ride too) and the same thing always comes out of their mouth......." Is that a MV Agusta ? " they don't ask " Is that a Suzuki ? " or " Is that a Honda ? "

And that my friends is why I ride a MV

Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode