MV Agusta Forum banner

Best Naked !!

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 ·
Having had the opportunity to ride 3 quite different Naked bikes at Taladega last Monday namely Ducati 1100 Hailwood Loolalike Sport,Ducati Monster and MV Brutale courtesy of Ranadarosa I would just like to comment on them.

The 1100 Sport was like shagging a dependable girlfriend very good, safe, knew you where going to get there and did everything you asked but probably did not set the heart of fire.

The Ducati was great lots of stomp good handling, brakes etc and a superb noise.

The Brutale for me was the one for me though. Much more compact, higher pegs better grip in the sitting position. I felt more of a sence of urgency from the bike and the supersport tyrs made a difference.

FJ:drummer:

#3 ·
you were riding good on the Duc, but it seemed like you were having way more fun on the Brute, and riding stronger.
I did enjoy running around with you are the track, and off the track that one time on the rumble strips! ha

#4 ·
Jimmy,
+1. Owned several of these models plus a Duc streetfighter. The Brutale is, IMHO, the best naked on the market.

As a separate point, I'm making a trip to Isle of Man next summer; would love to pick your brain to prepare for my trip.

#5 ·
Another point of view from the cheap seats...I hated riding the Sport 1000 at speed. The front suspension had too much dive. I expected to prefer the Monster S4RS over the Brutie as it is more comfortable on the street, but at speed (much slower than FJ) I clearly preferred the Brutie. It was much more confidence inspiring than either of the Ducatis.

#6 ·
Getting the suspension right...really right...will help the S4Rs. It transformed mine. I haven't had a chance to ride a properly set up Brutale, yet. Finding one with the right spring rate for my porky weight is a tough rhing to do. I need the 1.1 kg springs up front.

#7 ·
Best naked. I agree with you whole heartedly. I wonder wot it'd be like to take a ride naked. Seriously. Years ago riding with no gear with the wind in my hair was so nice. Freedom, you know? Not the same with all that constricting gear on nowadays. Hardly can see out that helmet or hear the machinery. Better than tearing one's self up though. I think.

#10 ·
#12 ·
And, Ade, ol' buddy...you would know about hair YEARS AGO.....

#14 ·
I love you too!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motorcycle racing

From the "folliclely challenged".....

#16 ·
Someday, I hope to return the salute in person, on "The Isle" whilst holding a large glass of beer!:finger::friday::finger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.