MV Agusta Forum banner

Will an F150 hold 2 sportsbikes in the back?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  jcctx 
#1 ·
Need to haul both bikes across town and a friend offered me his F150. Has anyone managed to get 2 sportsbikes (MV + 999) in the back of a Ford F150 ?

#6 ·
Elton's right, but I like Condors better. $240 at HD of C'ville.

#8 · (Edited)
Yves, it was a pleasure meeting you at The Bub...if you noticed, I had two Ducati Monsters in the short bed of my Dodge Ram 1500. On the trailer being towed was an F4 and a Ducati 748s. The load can be handled and I regularly put the F4 and another bike in my truck. An F150 would handle this just fine. I do use Baxley Sport Chocks and I have a rail system that allows multiple tie down points for stability. When the bikes are in the chocks and secured at four points, I can rock the entire vehicle by pushing on one of the bikes. 2500 miles so far on this trip and no problems. Load 'em up, tie 'em down and have no worries!

The hardest part is finding the right ramps to allow getting the bikes into the truck. I use a two ramp system and power the bikes up into the truck while walking up beside the bike on the adjacent ramp.

Chuck (&Cindy)

#11 ·
Off topic but still some good dope on trailering

I outfitted the LWB Dodge Sprinter diesel (Out the Door for under $35K) for carrying motorcycles and found I could easily fit 4 full sized sport bikes in Baxley chocks in the back and still have room for tools, tents, chairs, leathers, gear, tires, etc.

And on my trip to Barber this summer loaded as above described, I averaged about 20 mpg!

It is the slickest setup I have ever owned!

AXE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.