MV Agusta Forum banner

Rear Hub Bearing factory recall

6K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  mitchy 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to the rear Hub Bearing issues on (-2009) F4 & Brutale, the swedish MV dealer have sent out a letter to all MV owners in Sweden for FREE pick up, check & replacment work to 2010 spec.

The new 2010 rear Hub set have 3 brearings instead of 2 in the old one.

The MV factory is cowering 50% of the Hub price on non warranty bikes.

Good luck with our factory authorized MV dealer...
:conveyer:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Recall number, date, documentation...what's your source on this?

Due to the rear Hub Bearing issues on (-2009) F4 & Brutale, the swedish MV dealer have sent out a letter to all MV owners in Sweden for FREE pick up, check & replacment work to 2010 spec.

The new 2010 rear Hub set have 3 brearings instead of 2 in the old one.

The MV factory is cowering 50% of the Hub price.

Good luck in your MV country...
:conveyer:

#8 · (Edited)
Free labor work & the rear Hub Set (3pcs) cost ~800EURO/1.000U$ incl. MV Factory 50% discount on non warranty bikes.

Good luck with your factory authorized MV dealers.

Attached is the recall letter in swedish only, sorry.

Use software/internet program for translation.

Attachments

#11 ·
Unfortunately, I can't read Swedish. However I can read numbers. Based on your comments and the numbers from the doc, I've arrived at the following conclusion.

Labor is free, and 50% discount puts the parts at 7600 Swedish Krona (SKr). 7600 SKrs = $1,150 USD or 821 EURO. So this means the price for the hub kit is $3,300 USD - DAMN!

Could some of the master MV parts forum members please provide pricing for the kit? Also, if anyone else from Sweden wants to comment on MV pricing, it would help put things in perspective.

If you get a chance to read the doc, does it say anywhere that it is only for Sweden?

Thanks

Free labor work & the rear Hub Set (3pcs) costs 800EURO incl. MV Factory 50% discount.

Attached is the recall letter in swedish only, sorry.

Use software/internet program for translation.

#10 ·
So which countries and who would issue the recalls......MotoGb in the uk?.....there is also a recall registry in the uk held by the DVLA or Vosa, you just punch in the vin number

#18 ·
I emailed the Texas MV dealer and US HQ. This is the response I received from Texas:

"Mv Agusta Usa just got back to me and they have told me that they have not received any bulletin regarding this matter. I was advised to not worry as this didn't apply to our bikes. If anything changes I will let you know."

I'll continue to follow up on this as the answer above is a little confusing. In the first sentence, MV USA claims they are not aware of this issue. However, this is contradicted by the second sentence where they acknowledge it does not apply to "our" bikes.

More to come.

#22 · (Edited)
new hub/cost

hey folks, what Sigmond posted was for Sweden..... looks like the importer is stepping up a bit.....

FBF quoted me ~$950 for(there was a price change) the new hub and axle + shipping

the old hub here is ~$480.....if you check the hub and it starts to get loose

the bearing is $34 + shipping....
me, i have a spare hub and 2 axles and some new bearings

think i'll save the $1k and carry a bearing

#23 ·
MV Agusta USA

Here's the response from MVA USA Tech support, "There are no outstanding service bulletins or recalls on any MV Agusta motorcycles with US specifications pertaining to the rear hub assemblies."

Now my question is, does MV have different rear hub assembly specifications based on the country the bike gets shipped to?

#26 ·
Dead

Did this, much like all the other "I heard", "I was told", "I know someone", "Can't tell you who said this", "I know someone who knows someone", "One of the shops said", "An insider said", "Someone who is in the know", never materialize?

Why do I ask, because I don't know.

#27 ·
576 Euros?? That's ten quid short of £500! I'll be sticking with my old hub thanks.

#28 ·
Most 09 have been in the US for less than 2 years so don`t expect any recall till after that or they pay the whole nut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.