MV Agusta Forum banner

Senna : A great tribute for a great driver.

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JDS 
#1 ·
On a recent trip to Imola, I took some pictures of the Senna memorial and thought I'd post a few on the forum for those who have never been to the circuit.

The memorial is situated on the inside of the Tamburell bend where Senna tragically lost his life.

Senna was a mega hero of mine, and I thought this memorial tribute was tastefully done.

RIP Ayrton Senna Da Silva.

Enjoy !

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I have to say it, and I know it wont be popular, but I could never warm to someone who would deliberately crash into another driver to clinch a world title; Schumacher likewise.

You couldn't imagine Ago or Hailwood ever doing it, could you?

#5 ·
Thanks for posting...a hero of mine too...and at least he said he would crash rather than blame someone else, very honest and talented and such a gentleman without the I am superior personality

#7 ·
Some good images there John,

Cars don't do it for me, they go round corners all wrong- that aside iv seen Senna in action and what a talent !!!

As for the negative press... its racing, all top racers are dedicated, passionate and competitive, if your not then you'l never be at the top.... they have all had their moments

#8 ·
Thanks for the great photos JDS!

A documentary on Senna is about to be released (I think it's out in Japan now?) that has been sanctioned by the Senna family and by all accounts is very tastefully done. Supposedly it's almost entirely old video footage. I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

#9 ·
Hey Stephen..

I respect your opinion on Senna and I understand why you feel that way. But one incident does not make a man ..

I like to remember Senna for the other side of his character.

I remember the race where Senna was committed to keeping his fellow rivals alive. He hit the electronic kill switch on Erik Comas's car, at the 1992 Belgium Grand Prix, to prevent a fire occurring.

While he did this, cars zoomed past, and Senna risking his life to save a fellow driver. He did the same at the 1993 grand prix, where he helped save Alessandro Zinardi.

Senna’s talent and his selflessness was immeasurable, and even today he is regards by some to be the greatest, fastest driver that has graced God’s green earth. I am pround to be counted as being one of those fans.

Anyway, anyone who would smack Eddie Irvine full on in the face is a hero of mine.

Hell, I'd kick Irvine in the bollocks just for being Eddie Irvine :)

#11 ·
He was and is my favorite GP driver of all time, thanks for the pic's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.