owning an mv is a dream - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

owning an mv is a dream

just read a few threads about being better than bmw and aprillia in the commercial market and the race scene and my personal take on this is who cares. if you own one of these legends and from my financial situation we are privalleged, and when the company can race again with full backing then let's get behind them and support them,I love taking my MV on track Just becouse not many can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:51 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +10

I second that, although I can do with a bit of help from the company round about now. : )

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
just read a few threads about being better than bmw and aprillia in the commercial market and the race scene and my personal take on this is who cares. if you own one of these legends and from my financial situation we are privalleged, and when the company can race again with full backing then let's get behind them and support them,I love taking my MV on track Just becouse not many can
I'm with ya bro, all the way. I own an MV, not because it's the most powerful, best handling, most fastest machine. It's captured my heart and imagination in other ways.

Yep, I'm the only MV at trackdays around these woods, and it gets plenty of attention and questions. I may not be the quickest, or youngest in my group, but the feeling of satisfaction is priceless.

And yes, I wait with baited breath, wanting, waiting for the day when MV can compete on a world stage again. I'll be first to cheer them on.

When are you trying out for the Factory Team Donsy
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
Mine is the only MV at trackdays as well.
Last time out some very nice young ladies asked nicely if they could have a picture taken with my bike. Cool or what??
Like Rob_b I am not quite the slowest, maybe the oldest, but probably have the biggest grin after each session.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I wanted an MV since I was a kid, I never thought I'd have one of my own back then, let alone two. OK, so the current crop aren't strictly the MV's of old, but I've said it before and don't apologise for saying it again. The Cagiva sequels (if I can call them that) are excellent bikes, well worthy of the name IMHO. I consider myself a privileged person to have owned one.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 10-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Banned

The MV sure puts a grin on your face when you own one

I also have a couple of friends one who has a white 848 and the other a white 1098, both are also stunning bikes

as for awaiting the day MV can compete racing on world stage again! havent we been wishing that from the year 2000 on, I know ive been wishing that from since I bought my EV03 back on 2003

but still waiting

still something about these 4 pipes coming out from below the seat that does something for me
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
I wanted an MV since I was a kid, I never thought I'd have one of my own back then, let alone two. OK, so the current crop aren't strictly the MV's of old, but I've said it before and don't apologise for saying it again. The Cagiva sequels (if I can call them that) are excellent bikes, well worthy of the name IMHO. I consider myself a privileged person to have owned one.
+100
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:09 AM

My personal opinion only.
What MV needs to do is produce an innovative new model that is fully developed and is free of the problems that we suffer today.
NOT a Ducati with an inline four.
Wharever Sr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
Look at pics of the Ducati 916 and tell me you cannot see a F4 in there.
Nuff said.
P.s. I love my MV

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 AM

"Wharever Sñr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
Look at pics of the Ducati 916 and tell me you cannot see a F4 in there."

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnfast View Post
"Wharever Sr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
Look at pics of the Ducati 916 and tell me you cannot see a F4 in there."
Sorry my friend, but I can't

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode