MV Agusta Forum banner

owning an mv is a dream

5K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  yamadogr1 
#1 ·
just read a few threads about being better than bmw and aprillia in the commercial market and the race scene and my personal take on this is who cares. if you own one of these legends and from my financial situation we are privalleged, and when the company can race again with full backing then let's get behind them and support them,I love taking my MV on track Just becouse not many can

#3 ·
I'm with ya bro, all the way. I own an MV, not because it's the most powerful, best handling, most fastest machine. It's captured my heart and imagination in other ways.

Yep, I'm the only MV at trackdays around these woods, and it gets plenty of attention and questions. I may not be the quickest, or youngest in my group, but the feeling of satisfaction is priceless.

And yes, I wait with baited breath, wanting, waiting for the day when MV can compete on a world stage again. I'll be first to cheer them on.

When are you trying out for the Factory Team Donsy :naughty: :yo:

#4 ·
just read a few threads about being better than bmw and aprillia in the commercial market and the race scene and my personal take on this is who cares. if you own one of these legends and from my financial situation we are privalleged, and when the company can race again with full backing then let's get behind them and support them,I love taking my MV on track Just becouse not many can
Mine is the only MV at trackdays as well.
Last time out some very nice young ladies asked nicely if they could have a picture taken with my bike. Cool or what??
Like Rob_b I am not quite the slowest, maybe the oldest, but probably have the biggest grin after each session.:D

#5 · (Edited)
I wanted an MV since I was a kid, I never thought I'd have one of my own back then, let alone two. OK, so the current crop aren't strictly the MV's of old, but I've said it before and don't apologise for saying it again. The Cagiva sequels (if I can call them that) are excellent bikes, well worthy of the name IMHO. I consider myself a privileged person to have owned one.

#7 ·
I wanted an MV since I was a kid, I never thought I'd have one of my own back then, let alone two. OK, so the current crop aren't strictly the MV's of old, but I've said it before and don't apologise for saying it again. The Cagiva sequels (if I can call them that) are excellent bikes, well worthy of the name IMHO. I consider myself a privileged person to have owned one.
+100

#6 ·
The MV sure puts a grin on your face when you own one

I also have a couple of friends one who has a white 848 and the other a white 1098, both are also stunning bikes

as for awaiting the day MV can compete racing on world stage again! havent we been wishing that from the year 2000 on, I know ive been wishing that from since I bought my EV03 back on 2003

but still waiting

still something about these 4 pipes coming out from below the seat that does something for me

#8 ·
My personal opinion only.
What MV needs to do is produce an innovative new model that is fully developed and is free of the problems that we suffer today.
NOT a Ducati with an inline four.
Wharever Sñr Tamborini was payed to "design" the F4 was too much. All he did was change a few lines from his early Ducati design.
Look at pics of the Ducati 916 and tell me you cannot see a F4 in there.
´Nuff said.
P.s. I love my MV

#11 ·
Can't you see the 916 and the f4 both have round wheels and a single sided swing arm. All tamburini do was stack the two 916 headlights on top of each other and multiply the exhausts by 2. And heat warp the fuel tank. And fill in the big fairing holes on the 916 so the MV would always run hot so they could fix that 10 years later in the next generation. And throw some silver paint on it so it doesn't look like a Ducati. I mean, even a caveman or a toothless, one-eyed monkey could have done that. :)

#12 ·
toothless ? ? ? really ? :laughing:

#20 ·
I like my MV for what it is. My choice. Still a great bike despite (or because of) it´s provenence. Last trackday, I was eating 1000s on the staight at Albacete, because it takes no skill to twist the throttle.
I am well pleased with the 750. It is as much as I want. I hope to be as good as the bike one day. Times coming down with each trackday.
I am not attacking MV, far from it. Just that some of the comments on here seem to be quite a way from the reallity.
As for the future of MV. Can they survive with a two model range? Doubtful.
Yamaha cannot suvive selling only the R1. Same with Honda and the Fireblade, The smaller "everyday" bike sales allow them to offer the upper range models at what must be nearly cost price.

#24 ·
I like MV for focusing on what I want. I value the bikes looks a lot more then how fast it is around the 'ring. I value the scream from the exhaust and induction more then how easy it is to get hold of spair parts or how comfortable it is.

The bonuses are that it also happens to be up there with the fastest bikes around in performance, its pretty reliable as well.

I just love them.

#25 ·
I like MV for focusing on what I want. I value the bikes looks a lot more then how fast it is around the 'ring. I value the scream from the exhaust and induction more then how easy it is to get hold of spair parts or how comfortable it is.

The bonuses are that it also happens to be up there with the fastest bikes around in performance, its pretty reliable as well.

I just love them.
I agree totaly, and im amazed on how realiable the bikes are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.