MV Agusta Forum banner

Thinking of buying a CC - What's should i pay

3K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Randarosa 
#1 ·
I have a chance to buy a rather new CC untouched.

What should i consider a fair price? Full warranty and comes with watch.

I would be trading my 2002 bostrom for it and some cash of course.

Thoughts? Or should i just get a DR16?

csimon

#2 ·
True - but based on the advice/experience of any recent CC buyers or sellers would be helpful.

#4 ·
Recent buyers or sellers ? ? ? ? those exist ?

#3 ·
They have been seen on the market here in the UK for around £35,000. That's around $55,000. You didn't say what the asking price was. With something like that it depends how much you really want it.

I don't have that kind of money but if I did I don't think I'd want to pay more than the £35,000. The watch means nothing to me, I'd sooner put the money into a Patek Philippe or a Rolex, but it might be something you want, I'm not you. The Desmodesici would certainly be worth looking at IMO, but then they have been cheaper than £35,000 in the UK too.

It's got to be your call at the end of the day.

#5 ·
Are you buying it to ride, as an investment, or as an art object?

If you're buying it to ride, and your skill set is up to it, I believe I'd buy the Ducati. If your middle name is not Hayden, Spies, or Rossi, either bike is wasted on you.

As an investment, I think I'd buy the MV if it's cheap enough. Cheap enough in my book is something around $50K for a perfect, low mileage, unmolested example.

As an art object, buy a Tambo. Ten years from now, the Tambo will be worth more than the CC, because it is generally considered the highest art form in the MV universe. It is universally loved, unlike the CC. You can find very nice, low mileage Tambos in the low/mid $30's.

Thoughts?

#10 ·
For me I think the Veltro Strada would be the ultimate MV bike to own. Pista is lovely but not streetable. It's a Tambo with different clothes and much scacer. In lieu of that I agree with the others that the Tambo is the MV to have. I had one and I'll tell you they are gorgeous, limited, and go like hell. Only reason I sold it was I had too many bikes and it was the best shot at getting a decent price out of all of them.

#11 ·
I agree that the DR16 is more techonological, buthe CC is just so good looking.

While i know the Tambo is unique, just not my cup of tea...to much gold for me as I had a 1000cc Senna and the CC looks like it's grand dad!.

The vetro is awesome, but would probably be to expensive.

I saw the CC in the flesh, jut georgeous. Now i have to decide.

#12 ·
The vetro is awesome, but would probably be to expensive.

I saw the CC in the flesh, jut georgeous. Now i have to decide.
Just how much is the CC? You're looking at a CC, and wondering if a Veltro is too expensive? I'm guessing the same ballpark money for either of them!

#17 ·
Well, the guy is not trying to decide between a CBR 600RR and a R1 used, he is talking about the 2 most exclusive bikes (maybe, imo) out there and if you can buy one, then you should be able to get both. And if not the case, then he should stay away from both as the maintenance on either the D16RR or the CC are wayyyyy more expensive than in any other bike (including the fact that you could need parts if they go bad, and they will)

#18 ·
.... he is talking about the 2 most exclusive bikes (maybe, imo) out there and if you can buy one, then you should be able to get both. And if not the case, then he should stay away from both as the maintenance on either the D16RR or the CC are wayyyyy more expensive than in any other bike (including the fact that you could need parts if they go bad, and they will)
Not necessarily Hernan. I could afford to buy one or the other, but probably not both and stay married.......We do all acknowledge that this is stupid money anyway, right? I could maaaaybe pull off a $50-60K purchase, but north of $100K.....nope. It's not the $100K, it's the quid pro quo that I'd be spending on my wife....likely to cost way more than the $100K.

I wouldn't buy either bike, because I'm not half the rider capable of utilizing either bike. Furthermore, as a confirmed Brutie guy, I wouldn't want to sully my reputation by purchasing a F4, (even a CC). :jerkoff:

Either way, I agree with your thoughts on service. That might actually tilt me one way or the other, based on the perceived quality of the Ducati dealer service versus the MV dealer service.

#19 ·
Hes,

Can you post some picts?

I cannot afford both, but love the idea of course!

Rand, aren't most MV dealers, Ducati dealers? The majority i dealt with are both, except for one that i know.

I am leaning CC for a couple reasons: a can snag one for a reasonable price, it is one of around 20 in teh country but only 100 ever made vs. DR16 with 1500 made, it has looks to kill, and doesn't need to be ridden that much to be appreciated and has 200hp!

I have a 1198s 2010 to be my real rider and with more torque than the dr16 it is perfect for around town riding and highway for public roads.

The only thing i am concerned though is MV...even after the latest buy back, it is still practically impossible to find a simple hat here in the US.

#21 ·
More Exclusive

Correct, only 100 made. However, keep in mind less than 50 have been sold which makes it interesting as to where the others are crated up.

Hes,

Can you post some picts?

I cannot afford both, but love the idea of course!

Rand, aren't most MV dealers, Ducati dealers? The majority i dealt with are both, except for one that i know.

I am leaning CC for a couple reasons: a can snag one for a reasonable price, it is one of around 20 in teh country but only 100 ever made vs. DR16 with 1500 made, it has looks to kill, and doesn't need to be ridden that much to be appreciated and has 200hp!

I have a 1198s 2010 to be my real rider and with more torque than the dr16 it is perfect for around town riding and highway for public roads.

The only thing i am concerned though is MV...even after the latest buy back, it is still practically impossible to find a simple hat here in the US.

#20 ·
Any additional thoughts?

#23 ·
Liquidwhy - any proof that only 50 sold?

#26 ·
I'm working on it

I should have quantified that comment first. A little over a year ago there was a CC for sale (brand new) in San Antonio. I got into a lengthy discussion with the owner and asked how a brand new 2006 was still on the market (I was still new to MV then). He told me that he was aware of at least 30 that the factory had available for any dealership that wanted to sell one. Initially, I had my doubts, but when he walked me into the back and showed me 2 brand new '04 Brutale Oros, I started to believe him. He actually had 3, one of which was on the floor as a display.

I've heard all the comments about the previous owner of the MV/Ducati dealer in San Anton, but he had (and still does) the incredible ability to acquire the rarest italian bikes. I asked him if those were the last 30 and he said they weren't because some dealers were storing them in the original crates. Also, the factory did not release them sequentially.

I'm glad you brought this up. I'm going to go visit him and I'll be sure to report on what he has hidden in the back. If I get more info on the number of CCs, I'll include that as well.

#24 ·
Both my CC and Desmo have about same miles (700) and the main difference is that the CC already went in the shop to fix things from manufacture malfunctions, etc while the Desmo is going in to get the first service done, running great.

As a hint, bought both bikes for the same exact price, both brand new in the crate, and the CC included an expensive watch and jacket, therefore pure bike-bike comparison, got the CC cheaper

Attachments

#28 ·
Congrats

Nice buy. I remember when he had it in the crate. I noticed you stated he's no longer a dealer. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say he is no longer a factory authorized MV/Ducati dealer?

I left him with standing orders for an F4 Oro. Do you know who purchased the '08 Bimota DB7? It has the full titanium exhaust.

#29 ·
I dont know the guy personally and never been there either. I purchased the bike thru a dealer in Houston. I understand he now has a car dealership but kept some exclusive bikes he wanted to try and sell. But in this economy he had the desmo sitting there in the box for quite some time so I relieved some of his pain :)

#30 ·
For what is worth I have seen 10-12 DR16's, I have never seen a CC. I mean in person.

I would vote CC.

There are serious engine issues with the DR16. Friend of mine had to have its entire engine replaced by Ducati. I have heard of others with similar issues as his. I just wonder what will happen when these things go out of warranty YIKES!!!

#31 ·
Ha ... so you think you will not have those issues with the CC?

Well let me tell you that you are wrong. First ride, bike was spitting oil all over the place. Took it in to fix. Fixed it after a week and over 100 miles done by the tech guy. Second ride, bike spitting more oil than the first time. What a pice of shit. And they charge for that 120k???

Apparently every single engine bolt was lose from the factory as well as some fucked up gasckets.

They say bike is fixed now, but guess what, third ride still pending so I would not go too far from the dealer just in case.

And I have 2 other MV's to say they suck. But hey ... they look pretty good.

#33 ·
Sometimes it sounds like we are talking about our stripper girlfriends; they suck but they look really good and draw attention.

Ha ... so you think you will not have those issues with the CC?

Well let me tell you that you are wrong. First ride, bike was spitting oil all over the place. Took it in to fix. Fixed it after a week and over 100 miles done by the tech guy. Second ride, bike spitting more oil than the first time. What a pice of shit. And they charge for that 120k???

Apparently every single engine bolt was lose from the factory as well as some fucked up gasckets.

They say bike is fixed now, but guess what, third ride still pending so I would not go too far from the dealer just in case.

And I have 2 other MV's to say they suck. But hey ... they look pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.