New Importer/Distributor - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

New Importer/Distributor

I have been (trying) to get some sense out of Peter Stevens on purcahsing some parts. To date they have been absolutely useless and rude. If they are appointed and don't improve their attitude and performance, we are in for a very dismal time. It got to the point at this stahge where they refuse to respond to me in any form. Unfortunately I'm in Perth where the dealer here has taken up my cause, which remember is only trying to buy parts, but he also is being ignored. My contact originally started as a warranty but their attide to that was totally dismisal.

Hers hoping things improve ASAP

Chappo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 AM

Thats why i didn't want them as a importer.They have and always have had i dont give a fck attitude.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

I have just been ready some technical threads in particular the rear wheel nut seizure. This is my problem that I referred to in the New Distributor comment. I have emailed MV directly on this matter ansd they tell me they have never heard of the problem!!!!!!! Unbelievable.......and then there is trying to get some sense out of Peter Stevens. I love my Brutale 910R, I love the MV history and I intend to be a long term owner of my Brutale.

Initiallly I changed the tyre with the wheel on the bike which was OK until the Hub bearings collapsed about a thousand km later. I ended up having to cut the nut off which damaged the wheel. Hence this has turned out to be a very expensive exercise, and now with the parts delivery problems with the factory and Peter Stevens. How MV can pretend this nut removal problem doesn't exist
is just astounding. The hub collapse was caused by the plastic bearing cage on the wheel side nut collapsing which I am informed is caused by using rattle guns on the nut. DO NOT USE RATTLE GUNS TO TRY TO REMOVE A SEIZED NUT.

Cheers

Chappo
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 AM

Dont worry i know how you feel.I had minehub fail also ,while riding .Did $4000 damage and waited 4 months for parts.Called PTs every week,they didn't give a shit.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Mr. Chappo you are getting heaps of bad advice. Using an impact wrench has no effect on the bearings or seals. the nut is sometimes hard to get off, but I can't remember anyone having to saw it off. You didn't use heat on it did you? You are aware the it is reverse thread, correct?

How did you change the tire with the wheel on the bike?

There are a other choices for parts apart from the dealer or importer.

I'm not surprised MV wouldn't honor any warranty claim as this sounds like a case of operator error.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Sounds like your tyre shop didn't use a torque wrench to do up the rear wheel nut.
If you ever use a torque wrench, 220Nm does not require too much effort.

I've clocked up over 75,000km on 3 MVs and never had a rear bearing failure - I do check and maintain all the bike myself thou.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 PM

Order your parts from overseas. I do this for my bikes anyway as it's cheaper and quicker. Then only have trusted people work on your MV. You will find the Ozzies here take their bikes to 2-3 groups to work on.

**Admin edited: I have you on ignore **
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:13 PM

Angry

IMHO, Just thinking aloud here, but wouldn't it be good if we had just one, one real Italian executive from the Cagiva/MV stable, from Varresse, here in Aus?

One who gives a shit, other than selling new bikes solely for profit. An executive that understands the typical owner (not all, but most) have a passion for their machines.

Underpaid salesmen, are a bit ho hum to our needs. They have shops full of other brands, they are their money makers, and quite frankly, if we come back or not for parts or service, doesn't really matter to their bottom line. Ask every salesman if they give a shit? Hell yea, they tell ya I want someone with brand ownership, MV Agusta pay roll.

If this was your business, and you were reading about the dealers of your brand providing average/below average everything, what would you do? Accept it?

Luxury car brands here seem to be clued up better as to what people expect when we pay premiums for a quility goods. But then again, Mercedes are not sold with Kia, or other korean brands in the same car yard. The buyers for each type of car are different, have different needs, requirements and expectations.

We just need one guy to tell us not to worry, it will be done, no excuses, no shit, someone to believe in. Red line to the factory for parts, info - whatever.

And they must be a member here, on this forum.

OK, that's my rant, feel better now

Last edited by Rob_b; 09-30-2010 at 09:56 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Dear Cag Thanks for your thoughts. In reply I offer the following: No heat and yes, aware of the LH thread. Changing the wheel on thye bike is dead easy. The advice on the rattle gun relates to after 2 days of trying to undo the nut, I reverted to a truck size and power rattle gun. Still no go. When I did finally get cut the nut off, the hub was totally dry, no grease at all. The very fragile plastic bearing cage was in pieces, hence my comment on the rattle gun. Again, no heat was used. Notably the bike has only done 14,000 km and has been serviced by authorised MV Dealers. Sad story really, and worse than that no outlook to me bieng able to get parts in Oz.

Cheers
Chappo
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_b View Post
One who gives a shit, other than selling new bikes solely for profit. An executive that understands the typical owner (not all, but most) have a passion for their machines.
I am divided on this particular topic regarding parts availability which many have ranted about.

There is a very good reason why parts are hard to come by locally. There is a very good reason why retailers don't stock parts.

When you buy into a niche brand or a niche product it doesn't mean they do everything better than everyone else. You pay your hard earned cash to have something that not many can afford to enjoy.

Yes things could be done better regarding spare parts/service. However on the slip side i think people's expectations need to be lower. We are a tiny country with an even tinier MV owner market. You can't expect dealers to carry all the parts you need all the time.

It's hard to find a decent mechanic no matter what brand you go to. The MV dealer i used were hopeless. Frasers who i bought my Ducati from were even worse! Go in search of an independant mob who understand the bike and you will get great service.

The way i look at it you can solve all of this yourself if you really want to. Order your parts overseas and use a reputable MV mechanic to work on it or do the work yourself. If you want to go via local channels you will be ripped off and waiting a LONG time. Your choice really.

**Admin edited: I have you on ignore **

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode