Did anyone see this - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Did anyone see this

Nice bike but i don't think he will get what he is asking for, but then again someone might see it and say yes i don't have to do anything to it and it is as light as it can get and still look good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Cool

I agree, interesting, but not worth the sum of it's parts IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
I agree, interesting, but not worth the sum of it's parts IMO.

May not be worth it but he sure has done a nice job with the parts he chose for the bike. Looks pretty nice

He needs to keep it and join the board
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 01:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
it looks nice.it has a very clean look to it with that combination of magnesium and carbon fiber.he is not asking a lot actually..the thing is that you should wait a while because he s not likely to sell it in the us very time soon.and then..when he s really becoming desperate make him a better offer..i think 25000 $ is a fair price for this bike..after all a 06 f1000 s is only 4 grand cheaper at pro italia.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

25k for an 02. I was thinking it would be worth more like 18k. After all an SPR or Senna can be had for about 16,5 so 18-20k should be about right. Either way he is probably not going to get what he wants. Too bad it is very nicely done.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkasted
25k for an 02. I was thinking it would be worth more like 18k. After all an SPR or Senna can be had for about 16,5 so 18-20k should be about right. Either way he is probably not going to get what he wants. Too bad it is very nicely done.
I would have to agree 18000.00 is about right if even that. Don't get me wrong this is a cool bike but it will be his loss, he would be better off to keep it and put it in his front room and enjoy it's beauty. These are the kind of bikes(used, loaded up & well done) to look for, the after market/factory parts for a lot less $ than what has been put into them even if he could get his 30,000.00 he has lost 14,000.00. When it comes down to comparing parts this bike is more loaded up with great stuff than a Tamberini but it wasn't set up at the factory so the value doesn't seem to be there when it is on the used market. In a sense this bike is probably not worth anymore than a same mileage stock '02 F4. Regards, Vern
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 11:31 PM

Well no need to make me an offer. I do not have to sell it! For all I care this thing can continue to sit in my garage collecting dust. I do not care what an SPR or a Senna cost. This bike is one of a kind. It weighs next to nothing compared to a Senna, an SPR or even a Tamburini bike. Shed as much weight as it has been shed here and you truly find out what your bike can do. Now if I do not sell it. I will simply go out and buy a 1000R as previously mentioned and I will create the lightest, fastest bike this side of a Veltro.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 11:48 PM

It is a crazy world!

People that do not know much about motorcycles, set up a shop and build choppers on TV and yet those things go for crazy amount of money. You on the other hand being a true enthusiast and being a knowledgeable motorcycle enthusiast who understands the heritage of a motorcycle builds a motorcycle using parts that you know fit the bike simply because who the designer is and it is worth nothing.

Well if I really want to get the money out of it I could just part it out and sell all of the bits on ebay, I would most certainly get more than $30K for all the parts if I sold them individually, but that is not the point. This bike was built out of love for this particular brand.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 11:58 PM

Everyone is right!

Everyone is right, there is only 1 insurance company that will insure this bike for its full value. Progressive insurance.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:35 AM

Excellent bike...well done. What was the overall weight reduction? What was the unsprung weight reduction? Good luck selling it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode