MV Agusta Forum banner

F4 1000R 2007 Exhaust Mid section

877 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  gotojoe 
#1 ·
I am building my F4 to original 2007 Euro 3 compliance spec.

I have the catalytic converter and lambda sensor and correct wiring on a 5sm ECU.

I was wondering over my cornflakes this morning :mouthwate if once the bike has passed through the UK MSVA test...if i could swap the cat mid section for a straight through mid section pipe ( which I have in a box ).

The salient question is, once fitted and proudly boasting it's lambda sensor..will there be any issues with the ECU engine management system once the cat has been removed. I imagine the bike will breathe a little easier..or :lightningwil I have to have the ECU changed or reprogrammed..If that's the case I'll leave it alone !

thank you

joe

#3 ·
Thanks Steve.

I could put the non cat mid section straight on..but I don't think it would pass the MSVA " Mot " test. I'm building the bike using a USA frame ..so at the moment it doesn't exisit on the UK register. It will be totally MV and the mid section is the only MOT significant item I am considering changing.

I will however ask the men at the ministry before i proceed with the Cat.

#7 ·
I've done a bit of research..For the MSVA test it appears that a cat is not required providing the system is complete ..However emissions and noise levels are tested so not having a cat fitted could possibly result in a fail. I have a cat which I can fit but it requires a little work as the inlet diameters are the same as the outlets on the down pipes and also there is no threaded hole for the lambda sensor....ah well ..nobody said it would be easy !

#8 ·
I'm of the understanding (from people on here and a trusted tuner), that removing the Cat (a very good thing for heat management & performance) may well be a step too far for the ECU to correct via the lambda. I'm not sire the tollerance is that wide, although it'll roughly cope with slip on pipes.

It's worth looking into this further or giving Chris @ Xbikes a call.

I'm also thinking that it's better to do the MSVA with the Cat in, as emissions and noise will certainly increase without it buried in there.

#9 ·
I'm with you Lucky 13..While I am at this stage I may as well do the work and put the cat in as per manufactured. I think the spirit of the MSVA test will be ..safe bike..low noise and low emissions..The inspectors are given the numbers.and boxes to tick .and it's up to me to comply....and to be fair, on the road my 312 with cat fitted has all the get up and go that I'll ever need..so doesn't hurt to consider the polar bears !

thanks for your input

joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.