MV Agusta Forum banner

Speedodrd

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  john 
#1 ·
Wow! All I can say is amazing.

I like many of you out there have done gear changes as well as changing tire size on the rear wheel. Well, after these changes, it affected the speedometer/odometer considerably.

After speaking with the tech who dynotuned my power commander, he mentioned a product called speedo healer.

I did some research on the speedo healer both on this site as well as others and while this product is good, it cost around $115 and some of the threads said there was wire splicing required.

After doing more research I came across a product called Speedodrd by 12 o'clock Labs. This product is awesome and is simple to install. I ordered one from www.motomummy.com for $70/shipped and it worked wonders. For the record, I am not affiliated with this site but just wanted to help out anyone who may be looking for a product to rectify any discrepancies with their speedo after changes in gear ratio, etc.

I borrowed a hand held GPS from a friend that calculated speed to the tenth of a MPH (xx.x mph). They give the formula to figure out the multiplier as ((GPS speed/ speedometer speed) *100) - 100. This is your adjusted ratio. Once you have that, you input this number as your correction ratio and voila! Your speedo is calibrated correctly as well as your odometer reading correctly as well.

As stated earlier, I ordered mine from Moto Mummy and it said the item was for 2003-2010 MV Agusta F4 and Brutales. Well, I have a 2002 F4S and the plug is the same so I'm sure it works for all models. You need the D1 unit which is also used for Ducati models as well. I didn't see that any of our site sponsors had this but maybe they can pick this product up in the future so we can pick this item up from them.

One other cool thing is that it saves your top MPH traveled which can be reset whenever you want.

Below is a link to the instructional video of how it works and the website where I purchased it as well.

Here are the corresponding links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikH6Shk3u44

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18212&cat=255&page=1

Good luck!

See less See more
#3 ·
No...the odometer will be correct as it is driven by the same sensor. Odometer will be incorrect if you change gearing and do not install a re-calibration device.

#6 ·
Not in my experiance, the speedo runs up to 10% fast odometer is within 2% accuracy, i've done corrections in the past to correct the speedo to spot on (police radar only allows 4% tolerance& then you have a ticket)with out changing the gearing which then puts the odo about 8% slow & can be a pain when touring.
But yes agreed once you change your gearing you have no choice but either aim to correct odo or speedo or a comprimise of both.:)

#4 ·
Sounds good. I've got a speedohealer on my F4, you do need to do some wire splicing but if an amateur electrician like me can fit it, it can't be that hard.

#5 ·
I almost bought the speedo healer until I ran across this item. I'm sure the wire splicing isn't too bad but this thing comes with factory style plugs which is nice (no splicing whatsoever). It doesn't have the electronic box like the speedo healer just a small circuit board (about the size of a dime) that is sealed.

From the research I did, I like how the speedo healer gave you an actual readout where as the speedodrd you have to count the blinks but once you set it up, its actually quite easy and at a little more than 1/2 the cost of the speedo healer.

#7 ·
Sounds like a cool item, the problem I see is how do you calibrate the speed correctly without a GPS.

The 750 runs a 14/41 sprocket with a 190x50 tyre. The SPR came with different rear sprocket combos running 180x55 tyre or 190x50 tyre.

The 1000s originally came with a 15/39 sprocket and a 190x50 rear tyre. The later 1000s came with a 15/40 sprocket and some with 190x50 and even a 190x55 rear tyre.

The 1000R came with a 15/40 sprocket and 190x55 rear. The Brutale runs different sprockets again 15/43 with 190x50 and 190x55 rears.

I think that there must be a hidden function that allows you to calibrate the speedo from the instrument cluster. Unless the instrument cluster has ALOT of margin for errors to cater for the different sprocket and tyre configuration.

#12 ·
I tested this product for the company last December to make sure it worked on the F4. Very easy install just plug and play. Nice guys at 12 O'clock labs as well.

On the 2007 and up models the plug and play is adjacent the kick-stand. you do not need to remove the sprocket cover to gain access to the sensor. Very easy install just faring removal.

#13 ·
hmm. i should look into this. I changed my gearing but didn't get a speedo healer so my speedo is very optimistic. i just treat it like i treat my tach. "as there's no red line - shift by feel" hence - getiing overtaken by granny = speed up. red and blue warning lights tell me when to slow down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.