MV Agusta Forum banner

Visited new Texas MV dealer

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  [MV]Parker 
#1 · (Edited)
I took a trip down to San Antonio from Austin on Saturday to check out the new MV dealer. I wanted to see the new bike in person and check out what kind of MV stuff they had in stock that I just had to have. As I walked in, I was immediately greeted by 2 very nice gentlemen. They welcomed me and my family into their new dealership. Showing us around the new F4's and then took us on a tour into their shop. Where I was greeted by Steve (an old friend and tech previously from Ducati Austin). They also introduced me to Ben, their tech, who is only 1 of 10 level 3 Ducati master techs in the world. All in all, it was a great experience. Everyone there was very knowledgeable and friendly. It was a pretty busy Saturday, but everyone was still very attentive. It was pretty cool to finally see and sit on the new bike. Can't wait to come back down and take a demo ride, who knows, maybe it could lead to riding the new bike home. We often are looking in from the outside and forget just how complex and difficult it can be to run and maintain a high end bike dealership. We criticize about the things that a dealership lacks and forget about how difficult it is to maintain a small niche bike market dealership in this challenging economy. The reality is, not too many people are buying high end bikes, therefore dealerships are struggling to have enough funds for personnel and equipment to maintain a high level of customer service. From what I see so far, these guys here at Ducati/MV Agusta San Antonio are doing a great job of providing great service and accessibility to our cherished brand of bikes. Perfection is achieved by partnership. Without strong customer support for our dealership and brand, there will be no dealership or brand. Thanks guys (Ducati/MV Agusta San Antonio) for the great job in opening your new dealership and thanks for keeping our cherished MV Agusta brand living strong. My new home to bring my MV Agusta to. Tony.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice shop.I wish we had a shop like that here,tha sold MV.We dont even have a importer at the moment.

#7 ·
And if you go again you'll see both my f4 and brut as they took them both yesterday for service. I have more time on them than miles without a service so for example doing the 3600 mile service on the brut now at 3100 as it has been a little over a year since i got anything done on her. Getting new tires, water impeller upgrades, etc so they will be nice and ready to ride in a few more days.

As someone said here (and glad I took the advice and insisted) Ben was great help over the phone to accommodate shipping and other details.

Cant wait to get them back here.

The CC is in San Diego with the first service already done and waiting for me to go riding again.

So I am left with the Desmo and my buddies are riding tomorrow. I guess no MV for me this weekend. :brutale:

#12 ·
Axe...loved looking @ ur DESMO every time I stopped in @ AF1 on my way back from our Austin office last Fall/Winter.

Can't believe itz been a year now, right, from the accident?

I've got '3 Italians' too...but nothing close to what u've got there!

:)

#13 ·
You should really move those bikes out of the way. They're blocking the view of the trailer :naughty: geez

#15 ·
Sorry, that's bloodweed...no relation.

SA Fit 07;

Yeah, it's been almost a year since the accident, but I am back on a bike and did the Barber track weekend with Ride Smart last month with friends, albeit it on my non-CF Triumph Street Triple.

And here's a picture that doesn't have my ugly old race trailer in the background.....something appropriately Italian:

#19 ·
The guys there are great. They have to good mechanics and the staff is very helpful. I've known the guys since they've bn open. One mechanic I've known for about 8 yrs now and he is the only one I would trust with my bike. Great group of guys and they will help you. It's nice to know they are guys you can count on. :) :)

#20 · (Edited)
How's the shop/dealer going? Haven't stopped in for quite some time. I heard an auction was held this past weekend on inventory/etc.

Not trying too read into things....

#21 ·
Is this shop going 'under' too??? I heard an auction was held this past weekend on inventory/etc.

Thatz just too bad. Any shop 'closing' is NOT cool IMO.
I don't know about that but I do know that they like to have ebay and craigslist postings and auctions on their bikes and accessories. It's really a good way to expand their services. The shop is nice as well as the guys that work there. My only complaint is the service is a bit $$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.