MV Agusta Forum banner

Frey Daytona Boots Special order

6K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Nicolino 
#1 ·
Gentlemen
I have finaly persevered and have now a direct contact at the Frey Daytona factory . They now finaly accepted to take my order (after they refused me for 3 times) for custom made, custom color, carbon fiber and ceramic sliders , boots. Anyone who is interested in Daytona' Security Evo , custom boots and want to get in on this send me a PM
These , are custom order and has to be prepaid in advance.(You pay directly to factory ) We will also get a much better price. Anyone interested send me a PM. ( Please be advised they are not cheap but they are the best )

Nico :f4:

#8 ·
Those just look way to expensive...wait...most of us on here paid or have put at least $25K (or more) in or on our bikes, who are we to judge!

#10 · (Edited)
$ 823.00 USD. or euro 641.00 shipping included (to U.S.) and yes you can buy just outer boot if you need one and or inner boot as needed
These boots sells for aprox $ 1200.00 USD retail in the GP configuration ( carbon fiber heel and ceramic sliders) IF you can get them which is almost impossible with US importer who flat out refused my order, and tried to sell me basics for that price (1200.00)

#12 ·
I have a pair of Datona boots and they are nice. I don't remember paying nearly that much for a basic black sport riding boot. Now a few years later they are worn like my others.

Next pair of boots will be another $250-400. pair of basic sport riding boots. I do like the above boots shown. I do suspect they will wear quickly at the track.

By the way, I do have a new pair of Sidi track boots, size 45, that I am not using, that I would let go cheap. Pm me.

Peter

#13 · (Edited)
I have a pair of Datona boots and they are nice. I don't remember paying nearly that much for a basic black sport riding boot. Now a few years later they are worn like my others.

Next pair of boots will be another $250-400. pair of basic sport riding boots. I do like the above boots shown. I do suspect they will wear quickly at the track.

By the way, I do have a new pair of Sidi track boots, size 45, that I am not using, that I would let go cheap. Pm me.

Peter
there are many different types of Daytona boots . We are talking Security Evo who many racers consider best due to their superior protection . Looks is good also but for some is secondary. Daytonas are fairly unknown in States(I ride bikes all my life and has yet to seen them at any bike dealership here in States. ) I don't know of any boots manufacturers who will sell you one if needed and or custom modify to your likings. Many has consider them too expensive and they are . But we spend a lots of money on bike parts , exhausts, Helmets (often overpriced due to custom paint job) Are they better because they are a .....replica ??? Well Daytonas offer superior protection but don't take my word for it, ask the people who know !!!:f4:

#15 ·
Every good racer I know states that Daytona's are the best boot in motorcycling, period (and I'm speaking of top guys at the world level) they simply don't have the funding avaiable to sponsor said top guys...look how many of the Isle of Man racers (most of whom pay for their own gear) use them...trust me, as tight as money is for most of those TT cats, they wouldn't be buying $1000 boots if there wasn't a very good reason

#16 ·
Hi Guys

There are two guys over here that use the Daytona's, one German and one English fella, they both swear by them and I must say having had a good look at them I think they are top quality.
I use TCX and have used Alpine Stars before, the top model in both brands and I preffered the TCX for protection, length of boot and lastly the price.
Hope to try the new SIDI next but the Daytone sure has me thinking now, that inner boot gives very good protection. I just don't know if they give as much protection for over-extension of the ankle?
Anybody know where we can find a Test or write-up?
:mouthwate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.