MV Agusta Forum banner

Riding in the wet

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MVista 
#1 ·
Today was the first day I've ridden the mv through a proper down pour and I didn't like it one bit. The thing that bothered me the most was how slippy the pegs get. I must have looked like bambi on ice with my feet constantly slipping! Has anyone Ever fitted pegs from , say a gsxr etc?

#2 · (Edited)
Hence the popularity of aftermarker rearsets.

you can get your file out and cut some groves in your OEM pegs or pop on any of the forum sponsor's websites and find a range of good quality rearsets. They pop up pretty often in the forsale section aswell, infact i think that the acculine set are still up for sale here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33469 [edit: already sold]

As for using GSXR parts on your MV, 1) i doubt the bolt pattern will match and 2) you best keep jap parts off as the glass plexin's in the metal will stop your bike doing 312km/hr

#6 ·
There is a cheaper solution. Don't ride in the wet, but I realise that might be somewhat of a problem in Scotland. Lol

#10 ·
Haven't you ever done it in the bath Rob?:naughty::naughty:

#11 ·
I got caught out on my Brutie last week while scouting the ride for the Bubbalicious. I was in Dawsonville which is 15 miles from Dahlonega (my destination) and 60 miles from home. Here it came, and I mean it poured on me. I had on a mesh knit jacket, perferated gloves, vented boots........everything you need to ride in the rain (aaaak!).

I was on my way to visit the new MV dealer in Dahlonega. When I finally got there, I was soaked completely except my noggin.

I now know what dry balls are worth to me. I paid $114 for new kevlar jeans and cheap gloves. I had an additional tshirt, and the mesh jacket dried out on the way home.

Dry underware? Nah, sometimes commando just works.

#12 ·
I replaced just the pegs on my 910R....the basic pegs are the same as a Ducati....I got mine from a now defunct vendor of ill repute in the UK who shall remain nameless, but I am sure you can find something out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.