MV Agusta Forum banner

900 miles on the f4

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  davidherring 
#1 ·
Did 900 miles on the bike this past weekend in the August heat. Rode down to Florida. It was hot and the bike definitely isn't made for touring. The worst part is the seat. Man it could use a little more padding if you're going to ride more than 30 minutes. Anyone have any suggestions? Biking shorts don't have the padding In the right places. The heat from the exhaust under the seat is tough also. I have since lined the seat with heat reflective material to see if that helps. Suspension is amazingly compliant on the road and the engine ran perfectly. The faster you go the more comfortable it is and if you want the bike to run really cool find a rain storm to ride in. Temp dropped to 160 after going through a 5 minute rain. I was sore and tired when I got back but I'd do it again tomorrow. Just plan on packing light. No place for a tail pack and I don't do tank bags. Just a backpack. Room for a t shirt and some other small items.

#4 ·
A credit card and a toothbrush for touring mate, that's all you need!:laughing::moped::laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.