F4 2010 Purchase Help & Questions UK (London) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

F4 2010 Purchase Help & Questions UK (London)

Hi All

I am based i London and wanting to know locals thoughts on 2 dealers, Black Dog and MV Agusta London?

Also, who do you insure through, being a fully licenced Aussie here for just over 5 years, no garage (pvte mews so pvte property off street). I understand the F4 2010 has an immoboliser, what do u tell the monkey insurance people it is?

I know I can get the BMW cheaper and get insurance (a hefty £1100) but I couldnt stomach waking each morning to see it sitting out the front and would probably wish it was stolen... completely opposite to the MV where I wouldnt sleep and watch it permanently and cry if stolen!

thanks in advance!

Matt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:10 AM

Hi, welcome.
I don't know much about either of those dealers, but for insurance I always find confuseddotcom worth a look.
For the immobiliser, just tick 'manufacturers standard' or whatever it says.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
London, expensive sports bike, no garage! It's not going to be cheap Matt. I'd look at the possibility of renting a lock up near to where you live, the rental might be offset to a certain degree by the insurance saving of having your bike indoors and away from prying eyes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Hi Matty - I was in a similar situation in Sydney renting a house with no garage with my F4 750. As John suggests look for a lock up or try an underground car park near by. This worked for me where I could "hide" the bike and chain it up properly. It cost me a couple of bottles of whisky for the attendants to keep an eye out for it.

It helped a lot with my insurance - a lot wouldn't touch me on street at all.

Try mcncompare.com as well for a quote

Last edited by finlay; 08-18-2010 at 12:08 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 PM

hi Matt,

I dont have direct experience of the 2 dealers you mention, but I DO have a very good relationhip/experience with one outside London (not too far away tho). They have treated very well and are super enthuisatic about MVs. Would be happy to introduce you, as i KNOW they will look after you on a 2010 - pm me if interested

Cheers,

Andy
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 PM

New Site Garage
Dude stay away from Black Dog, they are chancers
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys, greatly appreciated.

I have managed to get a quote (not incl commute) for around £1264 with MCE a bit exy but in 1998 i got an R1 at the age of 22 after only riding an RG250 (with some mods) and insurance for that was around 10% of bike cost (in Sydney, Aus). So 10yrs later not much has changed regarding me and risk i guess!

Garaged price drops to around 8-900 but will cost more than £300 a month rent one in London!

I guess its now wether am I happy with the alarm and a chunky chain around wheel holding it down?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 AM

Get an alarm that sounds off in your bedroom - ones that just sound on the vehicle are ignored by everyone - especially in London.

Ever thought of moving to somewhere with better insurance/housing costs/riding roads?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately if i move out of London it will be back to Sydney. The 'don is where it's at for the next 2 years at least, figured and MV would make it more fun!

Be interesting if you could find out rate of 'stealability', like how many been purchased and then lifted in central london... but I guess that's obvious enough by the insurance rates as a proxy.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 PM

You guys dont have any tracking services in London like Jo-Jack?

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode