MV Agusta Forum banner

Motorcycle show.

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  wa2fst 
#1 ·
Later this month (August 28th and 29th) there is a charity motorcycle show (Arohanui Hospice).
http://www.manawatunz.co.nz/events_calendar/2010/08/28/5809.html

Going to place the Tamburini and 312R on display. I'll have to replenish the polishing solutions and cloths to get them looking as good as possible.
I'll take pics and share them with you all later this month.

Have you ever placed your bike on display? Any tips for a newbie?
Dave.

#2 ·
Dave. I've shown my bike a couple times. I clean it the best I can and then I give it to my wife who puts on her skimpiest swim suit and climbs all over it with cue tips.

#3 ·
Where are the pictures of that!

#4 ·
Just clean it well and wax it. Don't bother with the "Q tip" thing as people don't look that closely anyway. Unless they're a Tambo freak or such in which case you want to get away before they have your ear.

Bring a folding chair, something to drink and a good book. And don't be disappointed when people hardly give them a glance.

#5 ·
Trailer it there, don't ride. There's a surprising amount of dust will collect and then show up under bright lights. Take a can of polish and give it a final whizz over - make sure the chain is clean and any grease under the exhausts etc is cleaned off. Like Lee says, most folks won't notice the detail, but it's nice to get a rosette and the judges certainly will.

#7 ·
Coop...Nice bikes, pretty lady...I want to do to my 748s what you have done to yours....

#14 ·
It's a fairly long list. If your interested, PM me.

#8 · (Edited)
Later this month (August 28th and 29th) there is a charity motorcycle show (Arohanui Hospice).
http://www.manawatunz.co.nz/events_calendar/2010/08/28/5809.html

Going to place the Tamburini and 312R on display. I'll have to replenish the polishing solutions and cloths to get them looking as good as possible.
I'll take pics and share them with you all later this month.

Have you ever placed your bike on display? Any tips for a newbie?
Dave.
Hi Dave,

I've displayed the Ipotesi quite a few times.

I cleaned it & polished it, especially the polished alloy bits, I rode it there - gave it a quick once over & did as Lee said - sat back. Some people barely glanced at it some had multiple orgasms and most were in between.

I've only every displayed at charity events (as I notice you are doing) - bottomline, you are doing a great thing by helping raise money for a good cause and that's pretty much the motivation I think, I wouldn't worry too much about anything else. :)

Ps. I think Cooper might be onto something....... with that plan, I don't think you even need to clean the bike. :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.