Gutted, no importer in Aus - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Gutted, no importer in Aus

I'm gutted, just sold the Tuono (great bike), to move on to 1078 only to find that PF are no longer importing MV. I want this bike, but not even sure if there are any available now! I should have done my homework better before selling the T!

I just can't believe this has happened. Anyone got any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. How can Australia not have an MV importer? It's like not having a Ferrari importer FFS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutale4me View Post
I'm gutted, just sold the Tuono (great bike), to move on to 1078 only to find that PF are no longer importing MV. I want this bike, but not even sure if there are any available now! I should have done my homework better before selling the T!

I just can't believe this has happened. Anyone got any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. How can Australia not have an MV importer? It's like not having a Ferrari importer FFS!
Most of us are not too worried - I would buy the 1078 for a great price now (if you can find one).

Thoughts and pontification here - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ht=paul+feeney

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 AM

Apparently,Peter Stevens is supposed to take it up.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
Most of us are not too worried - I would buy the 1078 for a great price now (if you can find one).

Thoughts and pontification here - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ht=paul+feeney
Thanks for the link, I missed that thread. Somewhat reassuring, I'll be going ahead now. Hope there are stocks left. What sort of prices are around? I'm in QLD and was looking at close to $30k, but would buy from pretty much anywhere in the country.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link, I missed that thread. Somewhat reassuring, I'll be going ahead now. Hope there are stocks left. What sort of prices are around? I'm in QLD and was looking at close to $30k, but would buy from pretty much anywhere in the country.
You should have plenty left over for bling then!

I think they are going for around $20-23K across the country. I think there is one at Central Coast Motorcycles down here, and I reckon there is also one up your way at Moto Arena?

There are several doods here on the forum looking for similar machines, so they should be able to chime in with some advice.

BrutaleLuke

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 AM

Luke - you are correct a red/silver 1078RR in Central Coast - brand new - saw it there last week

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Contact Jeremy at Moto Arena. If they don't have one in stock, i'm sure he'd be able to tack one down for you at a great price. He's been an absolute legend when it's come to my MV and sourcing gear.
Good luck with it all.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:14 PM

what with the Castiglioni's taking back MV and PFG getting the boot, maybe they are going to do it properly down here and get some decent shops and support people, i do not have any experiance with Peter Stevens so i cant say but lets they invest and keep us all happy.

James
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamv1000 View Post
Apparently,Peter Stevens is supposed to take it up.
I talked to them last week.
Not going to happen they say.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzmert View Post
Hi Guys

We just got word yesterday in an offical letter from Peter Stevens saying they will be handling warranty and spare parts for the time been no word about bikes yet but im sure it will come soon.

Cheers

Jeremy Merten

Moto Arena
Jeremy - thanks for keeping us updated!

I am sure if is not Peter Stevens, someone will see opportunity in the recent change of hands and pitch for the relationship!!

BrutaleLuke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode