MV Agusta Forum banner

Drinks are on me!!

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Lucky13_uk 
#1 ·
Got a call from Red Dog (dealers) yesterday, my replacement radiator's finally arrived... WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

(along with some parts they've waited nearly 2-years for!!! I feel for that owner).

So, with luck this puppy will be stronger than the old ones, and I'll end the local boom in coolant sales and radiator repairs.

So, the virtual bar is open and my card is virtually behind it. What's everybody havin'?

#10 ·
Chips? Why do you guys insist on calling fries chips? Are they chips of potatoes or are they wedges of potatoes? How are they cooked? They are fried!

Chips come in bags and are crunchy. Don't tell me those are crisps either.

Brew is acceptable. Carry on.
:stickpoke

#11 · (Edited)
Chips are chips Carl as in Fish and Chips mate. You are talking about crisps because they are just that - crisp! I'll have a pint of bitter mate please, none of that namby pamby fizzy lager stuff they call beer stateside. Lol.:stickpoke:naughty:

#16 · (Edited)
Well you got something right mate. But if you go into a fish and chip shop and ask for fries they'll probably point you in the direction of Maccy D's!

#17 · (Edited)
By the way we still have the Empire, you lot just think you rule the world these days, it's a mistaken belief we just allow you to continue with so as not to upset you too much. lol

#18 ·
By the way we still have the Emprie, you lot just think you rule the world these days, it's a mistaken belief we just allow you to continue with so as not to upset you too much. lol
Kinda like the Bank being nice enough to allow me to enjoy their house, and truck and MV Agusta...for a moderate fee?

#20 ·
Duh! Frys are baby fishes. Allow me to translate.

Ask for a bag o' (bag of) that in a 'fish and chip' shop and you'll get either a slap (ass whoopin') off a burly (ripped) fishmonger (food service agent), or if you're lucky (not) perhaps (unlikely) a 'clip around the ear' (slap upside the face) and a portion (small serving) of whitebait (fry's).

Chips is chips, crisps is crisp. Anyone who argues that difference needs picking up and shaking.

Now, whilst you're debating food terminology at my virtual bar, were you supping a virtual Guinness with the rest of us at my virtual celebration, or just picking on the snakcs laid on ;)

Cheers all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.