MV Agusta Forum banner

Tamburini back to MV?

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  john 
#1 ·
Interesting article in cycle world:

http://blog.cycleworld.com/?p=820

"Claudio’s health is not good; he is fighting cancer and undergoing chemotherapy treatment, not the best condition to run a company that, while enjoying a superb image on the international motorcycle market, badly needs to make profits before the little treasure that Harley-Davidson left behind will vaporize. Giovanni Castiglioni is a brilliant young manager and, most important, shares with his father the same passionate love for MV Agusta, and for the motorcycling world in general"

"I called Tamburini about the prospect of him crossing blades with Bordi again, if he were offered again the position of general manger of CRC in San Marino. Tamburini said that he would have to ponder the matter very carefully, because of the very difficult time he had getting along with Bordi in the past. Then he added that perhaps something had changed in the meantime, because a few months ago he received a surprise call from Bordi, who remembered the old days and praised Tamburini for his magnificent, artist-like creations. Maybe at 62, Bordi has smoothed out the sharp edges of his character. Maybe he was simply trying to iron out old bumps to make sure that he will be able to count again on the artist’s touch of the greatest and most creative motorcycle designer on the scene today. Time will tell, but the prospect of Tamburini-penned MVs will have Italian motorcycle fans around the world going mad with anticipation."

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
That is sad news to hear the Claudio’s health is not to good, and lets hope for him and his family sake that he responds well to his treatment.

On a positive note, Tamburini returning to MV is the best news I've heard since I got that letter from MV in 2006 saying that my F4 Tamburini was on its way from the factory.

Fingers crossed guys .. Viva La MV... :yo:

Cheers for the post Rob !!

#9 ·
Cancer is an insidious disease. Wouldn't wish it on my ex-wife!
Best to CC and the family...they will take a beating, too....

#12 ·
lol. Please God let this be true.
I hope that was a misplaced comment ... I wouldn't wish that disease on anyone...even Mrs. SS II (Now Mrs. SS III might....:lightning)

#14 ·
I certainly hope that's what he meant......

#15 ·
Tamburini will add the flavor that MV needs to survive.

#17 ·
I figured that, but it was not very clearly worded.

#19 · (Edited)
If Tamburini designs the new middleweight.......it will be bought. Especially if it has enough grunt to take down the new 848 Evo. Imagine a 140hp 675cc MV Triple!!!!!! ....for under $14K .....that revs to 15K rpm!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saving my pennies. :naughty:

Please Tambo, SAVE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

#21 ·
Good news about Tamburini, sad news about Castliglioni.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.