MV Agusta Forum banner

Castiglioni Buys MV From Harley - Official Press Release

7K views 37 replies 36 participants last post by  JDS 
#1 ·
Official Press Release From MV

Download

#7 ·
They've also got Bordi, the guy who invented the water-cooled 4-valve Ducatis. So we got rid of an owner who makes $25,000 driveway oilers and we've got the guys who

invented the original 4-valve Ducatis (851/888)
produced 916/996
invented the modern naked bike (Ducati Monster)
The MV F4
The Brutale
and pretty much made WSBK what it is through their commitment to that sport in the formative years.

#18 ·
Bordi was certainly involved with the development of the Desmoquattro Ducatis, but I have been told by insiders that he is a master "goldbricker", and a "legend in his own mind":shitfan:. Tamburini was responsible for the 916-998, and Miguel Galluzzi was responsible for the Monster. Fitting, though, that Bordi is coming from a stint at Deutz, whose specialty is air-cooled diesel engines:stickpoke

#9 ·
Well....I think we all need to say thank you to Harley for turning the company around, getting the parts supply chain working properly, and bringing the new product to market (at a competitive price, too)....I would say Harley has done a good job with MV.

Proper advertising, proper product launches, proper support......hope CC doesn't bungle it all (again).

#21 ·
Wow....I could not have said that any better.....Personally I am not happy about this....Granted HD is not the greatest company but at least they did a lot for MV. The one thing about HD that can't be denied is, they know how to brand/market a product.....Which MV lacked......We'll see how long they function till CC runs out of money.....Again.

#13 ·
So ends another fling with an Exotic Italian Super Model, Will American Companys ever learn? They get outsmarted every time by the crafty Europeons. Anyone remember when Chrysler bought Lambo? or the partnership with Masserati? How about the German fiasco? Harley did this before with Aermacchi, Ford with Volvo? GM and Saab. Now maybe its time for the Chinese to run us through the ringer, our overpaid CEOs just cant resist a bad deal.

#16 ·
that is good news, probably one of the best course of action for MV Agusta as a brand.
Lets just hope that they don't go in the hole again.
I am optimistic about this triple model

#17 ·
I some how don't think this will be the last bit of corporate wrangling, but I hope they can concentrate on the business of building bikes now.

#29 ·
+ 1

#19 ·
But, but, Isn't this the second time recently, that MV has had a financial problem. Proton got rid of them now HD has done the same. If we want the new models, they have to have sound financial backing sell more and back it up. I'm keen to see the 675 triple. :hitit:

#26 ·
I hope by the time they're drowning in debt again the economy is boosted and another company can be found to take MV over and refinance before they sell it back to the former owner with a great loss like HD did.

#27 ·
Claudio Castiglioni, the historic intimate soul of MV Agusta

I'm not sure what part Castiglioni played in the design/manufacture of my old clunker - or any of the other MV's built twixt 1945/79. Neither was he responsible for MV's decade long dominance on the racetracks of the world.

Reading between the lines of the text, would it appear that the inner eyes of modern day MV Agusta executives see only so far as the late 1990s? :)wtf: ..lest, of course, they wish to highlight their glorious past in order to market their produce). Excuse my cynicism!

It's a shame, because this kind of statement has the potential to alienate owners of 'classic' MVs - many of whom have been MV fanatics since loooong before Castiglioni came along and imbued the marque with 'soul'.

#32 ·
They are having difficulties with the union workers there. They have threatening to pull manufacturing out of Wisconsin for a while now.

#33 ·
We went through a similar thing at work ten years back, the management basically said you either do it our way (multiskilling basically) or were closing:jsm:

#37 ·
I think I am in the minority group here, and hope Tamburini stays in retirement. Why alter with perfection? Tamburini has given his life to designing motorcycles, he has the rights to enjoy his other interests.

Bring in some new blood into the company and take MV to the next level.

#35 ·
I always thought that CC would be in the mix when everything was settled. For all his faults, no-one can deny his passion for the brand; he could have continued with Ducati & not spent millions bringing the marque back to life!

Like everyone here, I want MV to continue & thrive in the future; I just hope that with someone like Bordi involved, a steadying influence is in place; time will tell!

A return by Tamburini would be wonderful, but there is obviously a rift between him & CC; he isn't getting any younger either! There is also no point spending your time on designs that will never see production!

So it's another turn in the roller-coaster that is MV/Cagiva; where this one takes us, who knows!

A big thanks to H-D for their time & money- the company is debt-free, new models in production & testing, more efficient working practices, and an optomistic outlook.

WITHOUT THEM I BELIEVE THE COMPANY WOULD NOW BE GONE !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.