Two lane Take out. Rider down - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Two lane Take out. Rider down

After a fantastic bucks weekend in Melbourne, i rode my Kwaka Zr7 (the airport bike) out of the parking lot and was on my way home until...

Just before hitting the Southern Cross Drive ,Nth Bound, a guy in a Mercedes Van absolutely packed to overflowing suddenly decides the lane he's in is two lanes to the right of where he needs to be.

My estimation in summing up the event gave me about half a second to prepare myself for the impact when he came across both lanes from a stationary position directly into my path.

I sat up, travelling roughly 60km knowing i had nowhere to go, grabbed a handful and mashed the back brake hard to trying to slide it sideways into the van ... and thank God, it worked.

The bike slide straight under the van , stopping him in his tracks and i slammed into the side of the van, somehow missing the pillars, once again , thank God! Bounced off the van and flew in the air for alittle before hitting the ground and rolling, popping up to my feet in the middle of the next lane with oncoming traffic. A quick bolt to the traffic island and i avoided being cleaned up by a few terrified looking drivers who also gave their brakes a good test too.

After a quick body check for any broken bones and the adrenalin pumping off the chart the rage hit me. The next five minutes was spent kindly explaining to the gentleman exactly what i thought of his driving abilities. It was then time to try and get my bike from under this f#*wits van.

The two idiots got out and watched me struggle to move the bike until i then kindly told them what i thought of their efforts and that it could possibly be a good idea to help me. Idiots.

Anywho... a lovely lady who wittnessed what happened (obviously waiting in the wings until i calmed down) gave me her card, checked my physical..and mental health and said she's willing to testify if needed. Got the guys details and the bike's off to the shop tomorrow with minor damage. No damage to gear at all .
ATGATT saved me from any serious injuries without a doubt. Got an egg on my right shin and a bruised thigh, all in all no worries.

Surely an exciting end to the weekend and i'm just happy to be able to tell about it tonight.

Last edited by seaeagle46; 07-18-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM

I'm so glad you're ok baby, very quick thinking on your part saved you from a more serious impact.
I can't believe they stood there watching you try to get your bike out, what a couple of F$*KING WANKERS!!! Jesus!!!
If only we could get the police onto them for careless driving.... shit like that should get you your license suspended.
Oh, and lucky you didn't take the Brute, could've been much more $$$$ for repairs, but the most important thing is that you have come away with little more than a bruise, Thank God!
xx
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Lucky you were paying attention mate, glad your ok.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Established Member

yep glad your ok bro very smoothe way to handle the unexpected
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 AM

Wow! glad you are ok! Could have been much worse!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Wow! glad you are ok! Could have been much worse!
Mate, i got lucky tonight and things just went my way. I honestly cant believe i got away with this one. Counting my blessings you could say
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me

Nothing else I can say!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 05:23 PM

Dude, glad to hear you are ok.

As a commuter myself it's something that crosses my mind often that there are some situations where there is simply nothing you can do about it but brace for impact.

You did very well to calculate your options, it's a sign you didn't panic.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Angry

Man.......WTF I can only imagine how angry you were. Dude, glad your alright.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 05:39 PM

New Site Garage
Holey Shit S.E. - man that is absolutely outstandingly smart street-riding!!

Like you (a daily commuter) I'm constantly assessing the 'what if' scenarious with the traffic.

Perhaps there was a little bit of luck....but the required skill to increase "your luck" was all you !

However, more importantly - glad you're ok!

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode