What bike to get?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

What bike to get??

Im debating on what bike to get,the 2 choices will be 2010 Mv Agusta F4 or 2010 Ducati 1198s Corse.I just want to hear some suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 03:32 PM

2010 F4. The F4 is just about as light and agile as the 1198 but had more high speed stability....no just stability and feedback .

Both have traction control and I suspect the 1198S is better but for most riders, the MV's is probably good enough.

Brakes are about the same but the 1198 has less intial bike (like the 1098 had) so it's more forgiving. Early 1098 owners were crashing thier bikes because of the agressive bite of the Brembos )

The riding position is similar but I think the MV leans you forward just a little bit more. The MV's seat's higher and it's footpegs are higher and set farther bike. So, the 1198 is a little bit more comfortable but not by much. The only issue is if you have short legs then the MV is pretty tall.

By the way, some dealers will give you demo rides on both bikes. Here's a link to my demo ride on the new F4.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32438

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 07-07-2010 at 03:34 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

^^^ Thanx alot for that info,I will def be at the dealer this weekend.As for reaching the floor I wont have any problems with that since I'm 6'-3".Again thank you for the input.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Established Member

I recently purchased a Duc 1198s, I also owned a 2005 F4 and have not tested the 2010 F4 but I can tell you from my experience the duc has a better handling than the MV.
I already went to the track with both bikes, I called it "day and Night", so at this point my MV is for my Sunday morning ride and my Duc a track bike.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmvf4 View Post
I recently purchased a Duc 1198s, I also owned a 2005 F4 and have not tested the 2010 F4 but I can tell you from my experience the duc has a better handling than the MV.
I already went to the track with both bikes, I called it "day and Night", so at this point my MV is for my Sunday morning ride and my Duc a track bike.
Just curious. What is it about the MV that made it night and day? Was it the weight and the force needed to change direction? Our S models had heavier rims than the R and 312 model and the heaviness so that was my problem/gripe with the F4 but the 2010 F4 is almost as quick as the 1198.

I think the 1198 is still lighter and more agile but doesn't have the feedback/stability the 2010 F4 had.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Setup will make a "night and day" difference, otherwise I would say the 2 handle very similarly, with the MV having better front end feedback.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:15 PM

The old 312R used to get the best times around the 'ring in the hands of the experts back in 2007. Things have changed a bit since then, but in the hands of us mere mortals it seems the Dukes are easier to ride fast. The new 2010 F4 I believe is the preferred track weapon above the ducati in the hands of the experts.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:19 PM

careful asking a "what bike should I get?" question on this forum...lol.

anyway, I can't comment on the f4 but I have a ducati 1198s and like it a lot. Handling is superb and it is a blast to ride. My only complaint is that as it comes stock the exhaust and ecu make for terrible fueling, especially in the lower rpms. Plus mine didn't come with slipper clutch, not sure if the 2010 does. I have had to spend quite a bit of money I wasn't expecting to to get the bike to run how I wanted it. Initially I did not like it, but now am in love with it. Sounds like the mv may be a better bang for the buck for 2010 though. I might also add the duc is terrible for commuting around in stop and go type traffic if that is what your intentions are. Gets hot and does not like to go slow. People complain about the riding position, but I find it pretty comforatable for my 6' 185lb frame. Does put a lot of pressure on your wrists though.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraturbo681 View Post
^^^ Thanx alot for that info,I will def be at the dealer this weekend.As for reaching the floor I wont have any problems with that since I'm 6'-3".Again thank you for the input.
You will probably be OK, but my 36" inseam legs (thigh/knee) connected to my 6'4" frame, could not tuck in under the 2010 F4's tank lip, with the stock pegs as high as they are! The gap between the seat and pegs is the shortest I've ever seen/experienced.

IMO, with both bikes beyond the skill level of those astride them, give good weight to the bike that MOVES you. The heart rarely disappoints. I know riders locally making a clinical buying decision, and finding themselves ho-hum about the bike not long after.

Last edited by sfarson; 07-07-2010 at 11:24 PM.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraturbo681 View Post
Im debating on what bike to get,the 2 choices will be 2010 Mv Agusta F4 or 2010 Ducati 1198s Corse.I just want to hear some suggestions.
You are asking this on an MV Agusta site? Can you guess my recommendation?

If you choose the MV, a least you know that the next time you stop at a biker's rally, you can look in the parking area anad KNOW that the MV is yours as opposed to WHICH Ducati is yours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode