MV recent decisions and direction - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

MV recent decisions and direction

No doubt that MV Agusta is and has been one of the premiere motorcycles in the world. Lets consider recent business transactions, bike sales slump, dealer closures, and a decision to manufacture the bigger cc engines to compete in USA, and ultimately returning to the engine dreams are made of along with reducing the price of the F4 to a mere 18.5K. Has MV undertaken some American business principles? Did they replace some parts formerly manufactured in Italy with a more affordable Japanese ones? Have they reduced the profit margin for the distributers? Did they demand manufacturing benchmarks? Please dont go the way Ducati has. I am in love with my '07 F4, simple as that. Italian craftsmen and their passion should drive the business! If you spend to much, increase the price, they will come! I want to say that my F4 is completely manufactured in Italy like my Guzzi Centauro is. Your thoughts for a new member?????

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt 1.5mA
1972 Motomorini 50cc
2005 Hyundai 50cc
1998 Moto Guzzi Centauro Sport
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 PM

While I agree with you that a hand-built, Italian masterpiece is more desirable than something produced on a more commercial basis, I fear that there are not enough buyers with the same outlook. Especially in the current climate.

If the 2010 F4 & B4 are what is needed to make the company a more stable proposition, and more desirable to the right buyer, then that has to be a good thing.

Personally, although the new F4 is probably a better product in many ways, it doesn't appeal to me(in it's current guise) in the same way as the old model. I'll happily keep tweaking mine until I feel it's as perfect (for me) as it can be.

It would be nice to see Tamburini back though !

The older I get, the faster I was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 06:10 PM

I have to agree
I purchased the bike for what it was and what it wasnt.
Unfortunately, business isnt paid for with passion (just like love dont pay the bills), so companies have to sometimes taper back and go with the cheaper and main stream instead of the inovative and exciting.
Perfect example would be Erik Buell. Sold his soul to make his dream happen, and we all know when you sell to the devil, the devil is gonna get his.
I would hate to see MV fall by the sideline like that.
I just hope that future buyers keep in mind the difference in the machine they are going to be getting and the machines that we hold now.

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all, I wanted to buy one of Erics bikes since around '99, but the HP just wasnt there.

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt 1.5mA
1972 Motomorini 50cc
2005 Hyundai 50cc
1998 Moto Guzzi Centauro Sport
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode