MV on tour-test rode 2010 F4 in Adria and B4 1090 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

MV on tour-test rode 2010 F4 in Adria and B4 1090

Hi!

Well, you probably know there is this MV on Tour thing going on in Europe for 2 months now.

Today they stopped at Adria raceway, 100 km southwest from Venice and about 300 km from my home. Of course, seeing that back in February I signed up immediatelly.

So, me and my friend(who only rode my Brutale in a parking lot once), went there today, both looking forward to this event for some time now

We where there as early as 8.20(+300 km drive to reach Adria), got signed up for 2010 F4 test ride and off we went.

At 9.40 we we're already, bikes heated up from previus ride, pretty much fresh Diablo Supercorsas and sunny wheater. What else could we wish for?

We had a +20 min session, we did some 10 laps, didn't count.

Boy, does that F4 scream! Throttle is beautifully controlled, no jerkiness, no on-off response, just butter smooth acceleration. Suspension does it superbly, I don't know what an average user could use more. Brakes...simply Brembo.

Dashboard is not worth anything. It might look techy and modern and all that crap, it shows all kind of stuff, and you need a 2 month training to operate with it. I better like the needle rev-o-meter( or the old one), revs are also hard to see.

Bike rewards you with confidence, it will do everything you want. In the second lap I could already pin it up out of corners. I felt some TC working, since the rear tire wanted to move, but didn't, at least not much...

Now, where could I find extra 18.500€.

After that, we went to the Brutale. we both rode the 1090.
The ride was organized around the local roads with two instructors...

...but it was in very much Italian style. He was only wearing jeans pants, some weird leather jacket and tennis shoes.

Off we go, I was riding directly behind him, and around first corner. Already going fast, we were to cross a small river. The bridge went up and down very quickly, of course at 100 km/h the bike went flying!!!
No matter, we already have a truck in front of us... don't worry about oncoming traffic... one gear lower we passed it in a heartbeat.
Then through some roundabouts, some corners again and than we came on to a looong stretch of road.
We catched a slow car, but there was an oncoming traffic. We wait them to pass, in the mean time I put in 3rd gear, and as the traffic goes by, we both go WOT.
I pass a car on rear wheel only ... reaching 180 km/h only seconds later... damn this thing is way faster than my 750( even sligthly faster than dad's 1078).
Through some little towns, some more corners...some more throttle pinning and we are back to Adria circuit. Think we were riding for at keast 20 min, if not half an hour.
What a great ride- Brutale doesn't hesitate even when in 6th gear at only 2500 rpm, this thing rocks. Suspension is sorted out, on-off throttle response is gone- at least by my measurment.

About MV company: they won't go down. The organization of the event was flawless( even though I didn't get the second run ono the F4), everything went smooth, people were very confident about their products. They can be and they should be.

Bravo, MV Agusta! Bravo! Thank you for a great day!

Below are some pictures. On the F4 is my friend. I will post them some more, when I get them.
Attached Images

Last edited by MihaSLO; 05-14-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Established Member

Thumbs up Nice!!!

Thank you for the info...

I am waiting for my F4...should be here SOON!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 PM

i hope you did take care of the bike. i will be on tuesday in
hockenheim. very much looking forward to it, especially after your positive experience
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancer View Post
hockenheim. very much looking forward to it, especially after your positive experience
Make sure you go, you won't be sorry!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 06:14 PM

Awesome,Thanks for your write up
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancer View Post
Hanspeter, unforatunatelly we will not meet. A customer is coming to our factory and I have to prepare the visit on tuesday...
We will meet at the next "Stammtisch"

Red cheers
Manuel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you should either accelerate or brake - never you should coast
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Man you make the new brute sound just fantastic
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel_F4 View Post
Hanspeter, unforatunatelly we will not meet. A customer is coming to our factory and I have to prepare the visit on tuesday...
We will meet at the next "Stammtisch"

ah what a pity. i was looking out for you. unfortunately, i did not test ride the F4. as i was on tuesday on the track with my brutale, i was way to busy and had tooooo much fun with it . the plan to test drive the F4 in between was a very bad plan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode