Any one here does maintenance by yourself? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Any one here does maintenance by yourself?

I was wondering if anyone of you are mantaining the bike by yourself? the reason why I am asking is that I would like to import the 2010 Mv Agusta f4 to my area but there is no dealership or service center in my country. Is the servicing of the MvAgusta similar to japanese bikes or will it need valve adjustments like my Duc. More so, what are the common problems with the bike? Another thing, can you reset the service interval indicator manualy or do I need a special diagnostic tool for that job?
For those of you who service it yourself, any tips will be very helpfull. thankyou very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 AM

I do all my own maintenance because they are identical to a Japanese bike. Well Not Identical but no special tools to use and no Valve adj. Like a DUC. also similar to a Japanese bike. Im not sure what the common problems are for a 2010 since they are so new. The past year bike are more on overheating issues in stop n go traffic or sitting idle. The 2010 supposedly refined all of this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:28 AM

No problem doing all the mechanical stuff yourself. Could be very expensive setting your workshop up with the electronic side of things tho. This forum is excellent when you need help.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys, I am very much mechanicaly inclined but i am just scared to fiddle with something that has "Made in Italy" stamped on it. my other question is, can we reset the service indicator? I've seen in the youtube videos that the instrument panel will constantly remind the rider its next due service. I am sure it will irritate you knowing you've changed the oil and stuff but the monitor will tell you your bike needs servicing. How do we approach this? thankyou
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 AM

the new F4 does that? WOW didnt know I would hate having that thing.. And I feel you on afraid to touch something Italian. But its no different. Im a grease monkey Airplane mechanic and I thought the same thing. I have everything but the motor off mine and went together very easy. only the high beam headlight is the biggest pain in the ass to change hahah.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 AM
lee

An engine is an engine and a machine is a machine. All you need is good manuals, common sense, the right tools and the ability to realize it's time to ask for help. There are some things I am loathe to touch as I have neither the tools or knowledge but I do 95% of my own work.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have not seen a bike with a service reminder light that was not resettable without tools. Instructions are probably in the owner manual.

MV is an easy bike to work on.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM

New Site Garage
Yes you can do your own work. I only needed 2 special tools to do this. Just as long as she runs when I get her back together.
Attached Images

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 AM

MV was design for track maintainance notice all things are quick release & easy to get to. Most important get a good set of tools. Most time your customizing the bike rather than fixing it. Enjoy!

I feel the need, the need for corner speed!
Rollen Artwork.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--~~~~
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

thankyou guys, because of your feedback, the mv agusta f4 will be my next bike. yup if you look at the youtube videos of 2010 mv agusta f4, you will see that there is a guy who's instrument panel stated "service 858km"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode