Laguna Seca Trackday? Noise Limits? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Laguna Seca Trackday? Noise Limits?

Who here has ridden at a trackday at Laguna Seca? Obviously the Arrow thunder is going to have to come off, but with stock exhaust will it pass the noise spec? I think its 92db.

Anyone here ridden LS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 AM

Are you serious?? They have a noise restriction at a race track that is so low that it wouldn't permit you to use a race exhaust??

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

LOL yes - 92db at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and a requirement of Stock Exhausts - except for 5 approved weekends a year.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Not very lucky..

I rode last year with the stock exhaust. I took the Arrow Thunder out and installed all of the stock pieces, including the cat. I didn't even get a warning all day. The noise police is between turn 5 and 6 as you are running up the hill. I had the revs at about 10k at that point.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikDMAX View Post
LOL yes - 92db at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and a requirement of Stock Exhausts - except for 5 approved weekends a year.
Does anyone else find that just a little weird...or is it just me??
I was under the impression that track days were for track bikes!!! So stock/street legal exhausts, emissions, and "go faster" loud bits that you cant (or shouldnt ) use on the streets, can be used on a track.
Is this noise restriction for the comfort of near by residents? or are the "tree huggers" saying that an endangered species of earless earth worms are at risk of going deaf?

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I rode last year with the stock exhaust. I took the Arrow Thunder out and installed all of the stock pieces, including the cat. I didn't even get a warning all day. The noise police is between turn 5 and 6 as you are running up the hill. I had the revs at about 10k at that point.
Perfect.... great! Thanks. This is why I saved the stock exhaust I guess lol. And I didnt want to have to worry about letting off by the sound area so glad to hear no issues. Thanks!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash_Dawg View Post
Does anyone else find that just a little weird...or is it just me??
I was under the impression that track days were for track bikes!!! So stock/street legal exhausts, emissions, and "go faster" loud bits that you cant (or shouldnt ) use on the streets, can be used on a track.
Is this noise restriction for the comfort of near by residents? or are the "tree huggers" saying that an endangered species of earless earth worms are at risk of going deaf?
This track is in politically correct California...and in a rather pricey part of the state at that. Even though it is a bit removed from the golf courses in Carmel, the endangered species of flies and rats that live nearby might be upset by excessive sound and quit mating.....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 01:42 PM

I ran my R1 with full Akrapovic at Laguna. There is a booth between 5 and 6 where they measure the noise limits. That's before you go up the hill towards the corkscrew.
I did several track days at Laguna and have never heard of anybody being pulled off for exceeding the noise limit. Just keep it below 5K rpm as you pass that booth.

Yves
Fort Worth, TX
Bend, OR

2010 Ducati 1198R Corse LE
2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

At least with Keigwins track day company they strictly allow only stock cans.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Big Randaddy

Noise limits at the Bubbalicious? Here they are.........I'd like you to leave my drive way, go about a mile down my road, taking it easy.........and then light it up! That's what I do. Jackie tells me she can hear me 5 minutes before I get home. No California Noise Gestapo here.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode