Some idiot cut my girlfriend off (reminder of why we should always wear our gear) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Some idiot cut my girlfriend off (reminder of why we should always wear our gear)

As the title says...some moron cut my girlfriend off and she went down. Thanks to her gear, she's ok.
I was ahead of her and in my rearview mirror saw her headlight (not pointing ahead and not moving). I stopped, looked back (and almost crapped myself) then drove against traffic to get to where she was. I tried to see if anyone saw what happened and they said that someone cut her off, stopped, looked back and saw her on the ground and just left.
At that point I had the option of either staying with her or trying to catch up to the silver camry they said had just driven off. At this point, I wish I had. She was fine and there is absolutely NO doubt I would have caught up to them (they wouldn't have gone too far in the traffic). Nobody got the tag as several people stopped and seemed more concerned with my girlfriend than the person that split.

Anyway, moral of the story........wear the gear. She had on a Rev'it Air jacket, Alpinestar Stella Boots, Leather Rev'it Monster gloves and her helmet . Everything held up well.
She took a short trip to the hospital in an ambulance in order to get the rash cleaned up, but that's it. I'm still convinced THAT'S because she's a pretty girl with blond hair and blue eyes....trust me, the more time went by, the more cops showed up. If it were me, I'd be lucky if the station JANITOR would have showed up to help. I would have heard, "Rash?? What rash?? Some hydrogen peroxide will clean that up buddy, you're fine". Anyway, back to her injuries.....she does have a bit of road rash on her arms and her side where it wore thru the jacket, but overall it did the job. Bike has a good bit of damage, but that has insurance and can be replaced. I'd have a hard time replacing her even though she is also insured.

Oh, and when I asked if she wanted to give up on riding........She said "no way"
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 12:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Geez, that jacket is a write off! To your partner: get well soon and it's great that you are willing to get back on the "horse!" Bikes: You've got to take the good with the bad.
Let Karma sort the silver Camry out.
Dave.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM

Thats it. im going to start wearing my Frank Thomas Pants EVERY time I ride to work. Recently I've been riding in plain trousers its been so hot her in aus. That jacket looks pretty poor actually, maybe I should invest in one of the pricier brands, alpine stars etc for my wet weather gear. At the moment I kind of have Rev-it type mid range jacket.

Glad to hear she ok dude.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Nice to hear she is Ok and to her kick ass attitude!

It's probably a good thing you did not give chase & catch up to the morally reprehensiible/bankrupt individual as in these cases it's usually the good guy that winds up on the wrong side of the law.

I must say you are quite the reconteur, I couldn't stop laughing reading your parody of the accident had it been you instead of your obviously very attractive girlfriend - what makes it so funny is that it's so accurate!

Someone here (can't remember who to give them credit) recently posted "Dress for the wreck - not the ride" - quite insightful.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 02:56 AM

Man that's shitty! happy to hear she's ok and wears the right ridding gear.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamv1000 View Post
Man that's shitty! happy to hear she's ok and wears the right ridding gear.
+1 to that. ATGATT
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 AM

Good to hear that she is ok!

Courier the gear to Rev'it & Alpinestar along with a letter of thanks and the story of what happened. I would give it a 50% chance them sending you free gear, probably improves to 80% if you send a picture of your girl!

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Nice to hear she is Ok and to her kick ass attitude!

It's probably a good thing you did not give chase & catch up to the morally reprehensiible/bankrupt individual as in these cases it's usually the good guy that winds up on the wrong side of the law.

I must say you are quite the reconteur, I couldn't stop laughing reading your parody of the accident had it been you instead of your obviously very attractive girlfriend - what makes it so funny is that it's so accurate!

Someone here (can't remember who to give them credit) recently posted "Dress for the wreck - not the ride" - quite insightful.
I am the one who posted that quote...and I am glad your lady is going to be well and wants to continue to ride! She's a keeper for sure!

I would like to point out that this seems to have been a lower speed incident and the jacket is toast. Heat generated during asphalt contact is significant and the main culprit and things made of meltable material, well, melt! Once they heat up, they lose strength and shred.

You have just given me the motivation to buy a set of Vanson Leather perforated pants as, I too, ride to work in my regular dress pants...not much protection from cotton khakis. I have several leather jackets and my summer jacket is perforated leather for the reason shown in your pictures. That jacket flows air like a mesh t-shirt !

The only textile gear I own is an Aerostich Roadcrafter suit with very proven and tested capabilities. It is actually allowed gear for track days.

Buy the best you can.

Again, wish her a speedy and full recovery, and may you catch the culprit and throw the book at them!

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Gus,

I'm delighted your girl is fine and have mixed feelings about your not taking off after the camry. You probably made the right decision. You are also correct about the ratio of cops to female. The better looking the more cops show up. Especially, if it's a slow day.

But as Chuck said, please consider a leather Jacket. I'll bet she would have come out even better. As far as air flow, Chuck is correct again. (Twice in one post, amazing!) The Vanson fully perforated is the way to go.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
I am the one who posted that quote...
Obviously Chuck, your quotes are far more memorable than you

Just kidding , credit now given to Mr silentservice703 for an excellent quote that's burned into my memory

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode