MV Ebay jacket...The Review - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV Ebay jacket...The Review

So DHL delivered my jacket and here is the review. From time of order to delivery was 7 days. I dont take safety lightly and I wouldnt use any off brand third world leathers for real riding. With that said, I have always liked the look of the Brutale (Belstaff made a non branded copy) jacket. Problem was I have a long torso and the above jackets made me look like Baby Huey. This jacket fit the bill as I ordered it without any logos and had the torso lengthened .5 inch.

Basic 'CE approved' armor and a zip out liner. Quality is on par with my Frank Thomas but below Dainese. As far as the armor I couldnt find a difference between the Dainese, Nankai, FT.

Interior is fully lined with some exposed leather edges. Nothing that is uncomfortable as the interior is soft enough to wear with a T-shirt. Basic interior stitching is OK, not perfect...remember third world. One inner pocket for wallet or cell.

Exterior: Semi supple leather with pre-curved arms. Overall, true to the sizing chart. The jacket has a nice 'fall' and is on the trim fit side. Single cotton stitching (not good for break dancing on asphalt.) The pre weathering option was done tastefully enough. Thickness is about 70% of my Nankai suit. I would say it weighs half of what my other real world MC jackets weigh. Below pic is the thickness of the leathers between the Ebay jacket and my Nankai suit (Nankai on top).

If you like the design, then this is a great jacket to wear off your bike. Overall quality is OK and any blemishes lend to its vintage look. If your not crazy about the style, employing children or sending money to Pakistan....avoid. There are plenty of other leather jackets out there that have proper safety features for sub $300. My next jacket will be the red silver F4.........but not a replica.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Established Member

Great review...seems like a very fair deal unless you are like me and want the real thing, even if it cost more $$. I do have a couple of the original MVA jackets/suits though and while they look great the leather still isn't very thick/protective compared to other items I have from Vanson and BKS. They would hopefully be fine, but still not quite sure that I would fully trust them in the event of a serious off. More for like road only...so would the knock offs.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 AM

Looks like something MC Hammer would wear back in the early 90's. Have you got any clearer photos? Leather looks a bit synthetic on the ones you have posted, unless it really does actually look like that in the flesh. Can you post a picture of you wearing it?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Ill try to get some natural light pics up sat. Its the finish on the leather that makes it look kinda plasticky. A lot of vintage jacket have the same sheen to them. And no I aint gonna model it for you
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 05:00 PM

Isn't there a gf to model it for you?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 05:28 PM

soz , dont like it!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
Isn't there a gf to model it for you?
i can lend him mine if he wants...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Ok just checked with the Wife and she poo-pooed the GF model idea. I really tried to pitch it guys, but she is a tough sell. Besides I have my 40th birthday next Sat and I asked for a new jacket (Dainese Stripes in Tobacco color...tan). She doesnt know I slid this jacket under the radar so its hidden in the back of the closet.

Further review: The factory 'weathering' was some kid running a piece of sandpaper over all the seams uniformly. You can see how the little artesian did in the first pic. After smuggling the jacket out to the workshop, I hit all 'weathered' areas with some kiwi shoe polish to 'reblacken' and Zymol leather conditioner. I started to touch the shiny areas with some 220 grit sand paper and the black came off with one swipe (yes the dye is that cheap). So I then used an old piece of denim to dull down the shine and more Kiwi shoe polish to age the reds. I took the following pics in natural light under the cover story I was checking the sprinklers and watching the dog do a deuce. Believable story as that poor lab has been repeating like a Howitzer.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
So DHL delivered my jacket and here is the review. From time of order to delivery was 7 days. I dont take safety lightly and I wouldnt use any off brand third world leathers for real riding. With that said, I have always liked the look of the Brutale (Belstaff made a non branded copy) jacket. Problem was I have a long torso and the above jackets made me look like Baby Huey. This jacket fit the bill as I ordered it without any logos and had the torso lengthened .5 inch.

Basic 'CE approved' armor and a zip out liner. Quality is on par with my Frank Thomas but below Dainese. As far as the armor I couldnt find a difference between the Dainese, Nankai, FT.

Interior is fully lined with some exposed leather edges. Nothing that is uncomfortable as the interior is soft enough to wear with a T-shirt. Basic interior stitching is OK, not perfect...remember third world. One inner pocket for wallet or cell.

Exterior: Semi supple leather with pre-curved arms. Overall, true to the sizing chart. The jacket has a nice 'fall' and is on the trim fit side. Single cotton stitching (not good for break dancing on asphalt.) The pre weathering option was done tastefully enough. Thickness is about 70% of my Nankai suit. I would say it weighs half of what my other real world MC jackets weigh. Below pic is the thickness of the leathers between the Ebay jacket and my Nankai suit (Nankai on top).

If you like the design, then this is a great jacket to wear off your bike. Overall quality is OK and any blemishes lend to its vintage look. If your not crazy about the style, employing children or sending money to Pakistan....avoid. There are plenty of other leather jackets out there that have proper safety features for sub $300. My next jacket will be the red silver F4.........but not a replica.
Still it would make for a nice casual jacket
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spypyp View Post
i can lend him mine if he wants...
Wait, what?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode