What's the latest, Smog testing in CA.? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zoom2bemv
What's the latest, Smog testing in CA.?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gree...alifornia.html

Reading this just gets in my crawl. Pretty soon if we keep electing the idiots in office we will be living like Truman in the movie, The Truman Show".
Although having spent much time in CA. I have just recently made CA my residence moving from Michigan. To register my MV F4 and ST1300 it cost $343.00/yr. as opposed to $56.00 in MI. I have 5 hours of time reregistering my bikes in CA and the process and is still not done because the idiot at the DMV insist that I pull off my main fairing on the ST(not a 4 minute affair like the MV), to show him my Engine number. Even though I have tons of documentation of ownership including the bill of sale when I bought the bike brand new in 2003. I ask to see his manager and this guy comes out wearing baggy pants with his boxer tops showing telling me that either I do it or no registration. Well a few F words slipped out of my mouth and I rode off.
Now I guess I will have to do what it is to be done. However I am just overwhelmed at the fact of what this state goverment and the money grubbing and the laws that are just off the hook. So now between my one car and two motorcycles I pay a just under a Thousand dollars a year just to register them. Not to mention I pay property tax on my sailboat to LA County. Now, wow, there is a big polluter.
Now back to the smog testing...like this is about improving our enviorment? I think not!!! This is about money and job keeping for people that have no cognitive skills or common sense!
It will get to the point we will be legislated to ride little electric motor scooters, doing anything fun or creative will only be allowed in a computer virtual world..."oh yea pass me the fries we now have goverment health care...oh in that case I 'll also have a Big Mac."
If we don't start campainging in a meaningful and effective way we will be admiring all our bikes and hobbies in museums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:06 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
But it's for the children and to fight global warming. The problem is that crap usually starts in CA and oozes across the country.

I'm sure the California guys will be posting soon about how nice the roads, women and weather are.

Last edited by CAG; 03-27-2010 at 03:09 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Caggy old boy...it doesn't ooze, it jumps to this Communistwealth of Massholechussetts and then the rest of the conutry is surrounded by idiots and surrenders slowly.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerard Ayer
I guess my 98 aprilia rs250 will never pass as well as my 1974 850 Norton Commando. I love cali, its not the pollution thats choking me, its Sacramento! I thought Big Arnie rode cruisers? I recall him riding down his block with a kid and crashing, wheres the support Big Arnie!? I remember my buddy had an old vw bug, I dont recall him trying to smog it cuz i believe it was grandfathered in, i hope something applies to older bikes. I have two dirt bikes with red stickers. That means, if i want to ride on state and fed lands, i can only ride during winter seasons in cali. i have to pay every year for those darn stickers. Will one day these same laws apply to street bikes? In az, right next door, you buy the dirtbike, register it once and thats it! ride all year round. Dont have to renew your tags every year. You can ride at motox tracks all you want in cali but you get burnt on that and its usually 20 bucks and up. Nothing better than single trails and free except the fact you pay for the sticker every year. I guess we just need to hold on to our stock exhaust cuz Tim Buche made a point, "the aims of the test could be circumvented more easily by motorcyclists" and that we sure will do!

"Mind tricks the body, body thinks the mind is crazy"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Bike smog checks are coming, but the last I've heard the AMA (join guys) and H-D had gotten it shoved back to 2012 at the earliest, and most feel confident, that will become 2014 more than likely...after 2014, who knows...guess it will come down to how strong the AMA lobby is at the time and what shape the economy is in after 2012, as this is about state income, not clean air
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zoom2bemv
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Graves View Post
Bike smog checks are coming, but the last I've heard the AMA (join guys) and H-D had gotten it shoved back to 2012 at the earliest, and most feel confident, that will become 2014 more than likely...after 2014, who knows...guess it will come down to how strong the AMA lobby is at the time and what shape the economy is in after 2012, as this is about state income, not clean air
Cannot agree more about the state income quote!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode