Showing appreciation to European Cycle Sports - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Showing appreciation to European Cycle Sports

I needed my 600 mile service completed on my 312R. There are only 2 MV dealers in Texas. I called the closest dealer to me first, which is 1 hr. away from me, KC-international. Asked for pricing and the owner told me $620.00, and I thought to my self, "damn that's a lot of money for the first oil change". Then called European Cycle Sports in Plano Texas, which is 3.5 hrs. from me. The service manager Merrin Austin told me $240.00 and I thought that the price was reasonable. I drove for 3.5 hrs from Austin and dropped it off at 11 am, was done by 2pm. Had lunch in downtown Dallas, picked up my bike and was off on my merry way. So I just wanted to show my appreciation to Merrin in service, Nick in parts, and JC in sales for their great service and honesty. Hard thing to come by these days in the MC business. Damn well worth the 7 hrs. of driving for the 600 miles service. Steak at the YO ranch was pretty tasty as well.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 PM

Did you ask the guy at KC how that quote was broken down?

Or did he just pull that figure out of his ass???

The older I get, the faster I was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The owner of KC just pulled it out of the bottom of his ass. He couldn't explain to me what was all involved, but said that it did include an oil change and multiple point inspections. For $620.00? WTF. It was just so shady and that's why he's gone out of business now.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 12:26 AM

Redduck1: I can't believe you even wasted your time calling Kamal at KCI in San Antonio.

You know he's out of business and doesn't have any Ducati or MV Agusta techs working for him, they've left to go work for Patriot. Right now he's got some used car repair guy in the shop.

Kamal has always been shady, but $620.00 makes him a thief too.

It kind of shocks me you would even call him. You are crazy...

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of "progress"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I called him about a month ago when my bike was at 400 miles just to get some pricing, before his final fallout. Before he was officially closing. I thought that it wouldn't be a big deal for such a small service. I thought that they could handle it since they are much closer to me and not try to rip me off.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck1 View Post
I called him about a month ago when my bike was at 400 miles just to get some pricing, before his final fallout. Before he was officially closing. I thought that it wouldn't be a big deal for such a small service. I thought that they could handle it since they are much closer to me and not try to rip me off.

I see, now that all the facts are available. My apologies, my friend.

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of "progress"?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 AM

Glad you got that service done. But I have to say that steak looks a tad well done.

Motovation is now on Facebook -
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazadore View Post
Glad you got that service done. But I have to say that steak looks a tad well done.
Yeah, I know, it was well done. I'm just really not into the bloody steak thing. I wanted to make sure the cow was dead.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode