MV Dealer in Saint Petersburg - Russia. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

MV Dealer in Saint Petersburg - Russia.

I'm a Brit, living and working in Saint Petersburg for almost 2 years. Last Friday I visited a new Italian Restaurant, and was amazed to see a pair of MV leathers hanging on the wall. (and a few Ducati's in the place) When I asked about them, I was given a 2010 F4 brochure, and the address of the local dealer! www.probike.ru

Visited the place at the weekend, the owner, Max, is a top guy, very welcoming. Only 10 MV's in the area, and 4 were in there.

All the bikes were a bit special, nice mods etc. There's a show on in the city in 2 weeks so I will post some pics. They say that the 2010 F4 will be here in April.........

Fantastic to find an enthusiastic bunch, pushing the marque, in such an unusual area. Bare in mind there are maybe 3 or 4 race tracks in all Russia, the import problems are biblical, and the roads are in no way suitable for sportsbikes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Big Randaddy

So, what's the riding climate like in St. Pete (the original, not the one in Fla.)?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

As you can imagine, not good. In general the roads are very poor, potholes etc.......but if you venture north towards Finland there are some good twisties. In the city the driving standards are a nightmare, dead Lada's everywhere, and tram lines that stand 2 inches proud of the road.

The real funny, is that if you have ANY accident, even very minor, you have to leave all vehicles exactly where they stand until a special Militia (police) person arrives. They could take 5 or 6 hours to get there, and they will decide liability. So you can imagine the traffic problems. And if it happens on a tram line.....you guessed it.........all cars and trams are gridlocked!

In the summer, there are loads of nice bikes around Nevskiy Prospect, outside Cafe's etc. The bikers do not seem to care about the police, and will even wheelie past them on Nevskiy

Got to love the place!

John.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Big Randaddy

How 'bout some photos of you and the bike scene? Thanks for posting.....very interesting!

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Hello Gent's, nice to hear abt our lovely city so many nice word's, I'm one of the person who lucky to own one of this 10 bike's.

Fatboy do you have here bike?

pic's of my girl...
Attached Images

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:59 PM

I had a guy from Russia buy some MV items from me off of ebay, we ended up chatting a bit after and there seems to be a big MV following in Russia and it surprised me a bit. He owned a 2007 F4R and a 2005 Brutale America. Glad to see they know about and like MV's down there. I lived in Rastov and Moscow for a couple of years before coming to the USA.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 09:39 PM

New Site Garage
Hey Fatboy, thanks for the info I would like to see some photos of the bike scene there too so post them up when you get a chance.
You too Padvel

Steve

2008 MV Agusta F4 312R
2018 KTM 300XC
2010 KTM RC8
2003 Yamaha TZ 250
2019 KTM 350 SXF
2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
1974 Suzuki T500 Titan
1974 Honda CB 550-4
1970 Suzuki TS50 Maverick
2010 Harley Davidson XR 750 flat tracker
2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Padvel, Unfortunately I am now back in the UK.....but not through choice. I hope I get the chance to get back. I think I saw your bike in Max's place. I was actually in the process of shipping an Aprilia Dorsoduro to Helsinki when my job finished. I had planned to ride it to Saint Petersburg for my use. The biking scene in SP is fantastic, and Cafe Italia is a great place to eat and talk bikes.
Unfortunately, just after I left, My mate Phil crashed his Speed Triple, and broke both legs....so be careful of those crazy Russian car drivers

Your bike looks awsome.....definitely one of the best colours!!

John.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Site Sponsor

Send a message via Skype™ to mmonti
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
I had a guy from Russia buy some MV items from me off of ebay, we ended up chatting a bit after and there seems to be a big MV following in Russia and it surprised me a bit. He owned a 2007 F4R and a 2005 Brutale America. Glad to see they know about and like MV's down there. I lived in Rastov and Moscow for a couple of years before coming to the USA.
You know Albert, ??
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 PM

Yup! We had a nice chat through ebay msgs. He may live in Russia, but he is Armenian, so am I.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode