Another MV/Ducati Dealership Closes - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Another MV/Ducati Dealership Closes

KC-International in San Antonio, TX, has been sold. Not sure when it will close. However it was sold and will purportedly relocate to another motorcycle business located near 410 and Fredericksburg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Shocked, shocked I tell ya.

Time for a makeover with a positive image and premier customer service.

Anyone hear who is the new owner is?

Hey KCI, should you guys need a true and reputable experienced GM with a background in owning my own business and truly are interested starting that place off on the right foot and building something special, don't hesitate to contact me.

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of "progress"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Texas Bullet; 03-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Turns out they are going to a motorcycle business which sells used bikes. I was told by the previous owner that they will be an authorized Ducati & MV dealer. Hopefully, the new owner will send a mechanic to the Ducati school, as the previous KCI mechanic(s) is not going to the new dealer. PS - There's a Bimota DB7 still at KCI.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 PM

how long before they move
i had to order a part this weekend

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 AM

Word is these are the guys that have acquired the Ducati/MV Agusta franchise from KC. We also know that a very capable mechanic will be joining their staff shortly.

http://www.patriotpowersports.com/

Best wishes to the new owner.

Motovation is now on Facebook -
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazadore View Post
Word is these are the guys that have acquired the Ducati/MV Agusta franchise from KC. We also know that a very capable mechanic will be joining their staff shortly.

http://www.patriotpowersports.com/

Best wishes to the new owner.
You must be right. Their website lists brand new Ducatis for sale. I don't know how I missed that. I wonder when Ducati and MV will list them as official dealers on their websites.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Established Member

I've confirmed it personally with the mechanic that will be moving to their new dealership. The new owners will move into a new building in a couple of months. Steve is the Ducati mech here at Ducati Austin and is already MV certified and is scheduled for more MV training before taking on his roll at new San Antonio dealership. He's a great Ducati tech, so he'll be great for MV.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM

Yeah, I spoke with John (the owner) and can confirm what Redduck1 has indicated. However, he did stress that they would not be ready for another couple of months and really want to get the store off on the right foot and to professionally take care of their customers. He is well aware of Kamal's (previous owner) reputation and what he is having to overcome with his well known, trashy reputation.

John seems very excited and is wanting to truly be an excellent MV Agusta and Ducati dealer and is working hard in putting everything meticulously together with both brands. He will have a full service shop with a certified tech and will also be including gear and accessories along with parts.

John will not open until they are completely ready. I can only hope that their customer service is as good as he is hoping it will now become. He has got the entire central and south texas as his area, as the Agusta dealer is Houston gave it up about 2 years ago.

However, this is all on the down low. And they will not take bikes in for service until they are 100% ready to deliver 100% customer satisfaction.

Their future looks good and I for one will be more than willing to give them a shot at earning my business.

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of "progress"?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 AM
lee

Crooked River MC's in Akron Oh is no longer an MV dealer but can still work on them. New owners dropped MV in favor of Triumph as they feel Triumph will generate more sales.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Established Member

Let me know if anyone needs MV work in the san fran bay, I do side work at home. Still have all my tools and software.

1946 Ducati Cucciolo
1958 Ducati 175s
1964 Ducati 250 Monza
1988 Ducati Paso
1990 Ducati 750 Sport
1997 Ducati 900 SS-SP
1997 Ducati 900 SS-CR
2005 Ducati 999r

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode