Rearsets Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Rearsets Question

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between these rearsets. Besides the actual peg (One round, one flat). On visual inspection (via internet), they appear to be almost the same.

Is it merely a brand thing, essentially the same rearsets?
Is there a quality difference?
Anyone with experiences with either one, please post up and don't be shy and share those pics.

MV Agusta Corse Rearsets - Top
MR Rearsets - Bottom

Thanks
Attached Images

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of "progress"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:44 PM

IMHO The heel guards on the MV corse versions are a much nicer design than the other.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Mostly, one is an Official part, straight off the CC, the other is a 'knockoff', however nice it may be, it's not a factory part.

You can decide if that's what you want.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 PM

other than the price ( the CC rearsets are pricey) the other one doesn't fold.....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:10 PM

The CC ones are the ones to get.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:50 PM

Actually there are tamburini corse ones that are incredibly similar aswell.(try maxcorse.com)
the MV corse ones off the CC have a much better "bite" on them to grip onto your boots and fold up if you do wish to go for that much angle....

i see that you have pulled these from the emoto website. I do hope that you do not intend to buy off emoto... (search threads on emoto to find out why...)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Snohman.

I have attempted for 4 days to access the Vesuvioracing.com website, which apparently does not work, or doesn't work in the U.S. (I still can't figure this one out). And yes, I have heard about emoto and the people over there. But, their website works and they have pictures of all of the MV Agusta Corse Carbon Fiber they have available. The website for Vesuvioracing doesn't work and the one time I had access to it about a week ago, they only have pictures for about 1/4 of the items.

In conclusion, I have put together a $30,000 wish list and either don't trust them or the damn site doesn't even work. Hell if I'm going to spend that kind of money and never hear from them much less see any product. I read that a complaint againt vesuvioracing was answered with them stating they were at the Milan show and no one was there to answer the phones, even still never following up with their customers or answering emails, wow what an appropriate response/excuse.

So essentially I'm at a crossroads. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Just because someone is willing to sponsor the site to help generate more business for themselves, does not mean I believe in their customer service. I sent them an email 3 days ago, still with no response. I guess they are so busy they don't need my money.

Not just one epic fail from a site sponsor, but two.

Final note: Because of the info I got from you guys, when I buy I will purchase the Agusta Corse Rearsets.

Thanks to all for helping.

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what is the opposite of "progress"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Texas Bullet; 03-03-2010 at 01:17 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 AM

New Site Garage
Smile MV Rearsets

Very angry Texan hey, I feel your frustration when it comes to ordering online, have used Vesuvio more than once without probs, check if it is not your anti-virus program blocking bits of their site.
eMoto does not exist in that entity anymore but will still take your money, you have been warned Mate.
Also remember the time difference and public holidays, I was shocked last year when I needed spares from the poor blokes at motowheels and you guys had public holidays...can get tricky.

Have you tried Motowheels or MV Factory direct for those rearsets?
Depending on what you do with your bike, and why you need other rearsets, should determine which to buy. If you need to buy folding kind because you think you can scrape MV pegs on the road, you're wrong, you will crash.
If you're going that fast you don't want folding sets because they fold up under you when you get of the seat for cornering which can cause serious crash.
If you just want them for the bling, the corse set is nicest by far, try evolutionbike.it, awesome gear.
I have tried Rizoma which you can get in the US from motovationusa with spares if need be, they look nice and offer more adjustment if you're a bit tall. I now use a set I got from pptuning.cz, excellent strenght and feel on the lever, great service too and price was the best. Look at these on the pics, the PP tuning parts are pure performance and work the best by far. Note that I use reverse shift pattern too, also the pegs on the Rizoma's are cutom made for my big feet.
Choice is yours, shop around some more b4 spending.
Cheers
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 09:15 AM

You're in Houston! We're in Austin. We have the Rizoma's here on our bike. We also have a set of Tamburini Corse's here that we bought and are in our display case. We also have a slight used set of Acculigns(no longer in business). We also have Gilles. Let me know if we can help.

Motovation is now on Facebook -
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 AM

Man I love GILLES!!! I loved them when I was racing just my opinion though. When I get back to the states I will have to be calling you. Can you give me a quote on the Tam and Gilles for a 08 F4 please through PM. Are the Accu lines the 2nd pic?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode