Lights, camera......action - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Lights, camera......action

I've just purchased a GoPro wide angle video camera.
I'm yet to buy the rechargable batteries and 2 gig memory card. Once set up it will record just under an hour of footage.
Just thought I'd post some pictures and ask if anyone else has set up a camera on their bike and how were the results?
I'm planning to attend a track day in late March and I'll bring the camera along then but I'll test it on the road this week.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:53 PM

I've picked up an MD80 spy camera. Still waiting for them to be delivered purchase from ebay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxZsc...eature=related

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM

castle... Have a number of vid set-ups here... on-bike, on-helmet, etc. The GoPro is one of the better onboard options. I suction it on the side of the fairing as you've done, also safety tethering it up to the triples in case hitting a serious bump and watching the cam go tumbling down the tarmac. Ask me why I do this.

Anyway, the colors are vivid, the stabilization algorithms are outstanding, and by sitting in the plastic housing, wind noise interference is minimized. Don't have GoPro vids from the MV, but did suction it on the side for a lap on the BMW around the track, and on the VFR for a descent down a nearby mountain pass...

Track Lap

Pass Descent
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Your bike is looking good David....take those red reflector stickers off that rear cowl.!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Big Randaddy

Dave, when do you find time for work?

Let's see.......happily married husband.........mad genius motorcycle mechanic.......gifted theatre actor..........multifaceted traveler.......import expert.......and now budding cinematographer........

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post

Let's see.......happily married husband.........mad genius motorcycle mechanic.......gifted theatre actor..........multifaceted traveler.......import expert.......and now budding cinematographer........
ALso, not a bad peddler around a race track...

The important question no one is asking, how much does it weigh? Since its bolted on the worlds lightest road registered F4

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Your bike is looking good David....take those red reflector stickers off that rear cowl.!!
Will do Ed.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post

Randy, with compliments like that you're making it very difficult to even contemplate cutting you up on this web site. That has earned you one very big get out of jail card with me. I thank you.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
ALso, not a bad peddler around a race track...

The important question no one is asking, how much does it weigh? Since its bolted on the worlds lightest road registered F4
They weigh next to nothing Dave. I'm sure Randy would say something like "Go have a big crap before you ride to offset the added weight". And he'd be right too.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
They weigh next to nothing Dave. I'm sure Randy would say something like "Go have a big crap before you ride to offset the added weight". And he'd be right too.
I was taking the p!ss...

Post some footage, I have tried a digital Camera on mine (Mino Flip HD) and found that optical image stabilisation would really be needed to stop me from feeling sick watching it.

Happiness is Red and Silver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode