Looking for info buying a 2nd hand 750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Looking for info buying a 2nd hand 750

Hi- I live in Johannesburg South Africa- I know very litle about MVs - I own a bmw K1300S and have recently decided to buy a 2nd smaller bike- I have been looking at most 600 to 750 cc bikes available and almost bought a Triumph 675 untill I rode a 7500cc MV - Im hooked -

I am looking at a 2nd hand bike (3 to choose from here) could you give me advice on what to look out for when buying a 2nd hand 750 MV ?
And advice apreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 05:28 AM

Talking Welcome!

Hi Doug and welcome to the forum! You're best off buying a later model 750 like a 2003 model EVO3. Look for low milage and service history if you can. Early model seven fittys have a single rad compared to the later model twin rad setup. Apart from all the usual checks when buying a second hand bike it may be worth checking the wheel bearings as these tend not to last. I hope this helps.

Enjoy your F4!!

If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

2000 MV F4S
1992 Ducati 888 SP4
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Basically get the latest model you can afford, I'm assuming you are talking about a 750 F4 or are you looking at a Brutale?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Hi - all - I have been looking at a few bikes - almost bought a new BMW 1000rr but somehow I keep looking at the MVs - I have found a F4 1000 I really like its in mint condition 2005 model- Its blue and silver - is this an origional colour ? owner says it is - I prefer the red /silver but this bike is in such good condition I will live with the blue - lol.
Ok a couple of questions- Im 52 years old - I own a BM K1300s with all the traction controll ABS etc etc - I can ride like a hooligan and my bike looks after me- Im not selling the BM the MV will be a 2nd fun bike for breakfast runs etc-Is the MV a handfull to ride without all the electronic gizmos? Is it suitable for longer rides of say over 400km ? - I have test ridden the 1000f4 but didnt push things .
Any advice coments etc apreciated.Are there any other South African members on this forum ?
Doug

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode