newbie - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

hello to all my name is andrew and i live in south wales uk, i don't own an mv yet but am looking to get one in the near future.I would like a 750 as i think it would be a good all round bike. I currently own an rgv250 which is alot of fun to ride. Having seen an mv in a magazine i totally was blown away.I would be very grateful for all pros and cons of ownig an mv and would also like any info on price,maintenance etc. many thanks in advance

andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:23 PM

Hi andrew and welcome. Everyone here is a friendly bunch and all you need to know will have been on the forum. Regarding buying.........if your in the Market for a 750 then I would buy an evo 3 they are some of the last made with all the updates done, they can be picked up for around 5-7k or you could be patient and get a limited edition like the SR - SPR - Senna these have the most power especially the SR & SPR but very rare.

If your getting a later model then just go for one that has been looked after and a FSH. BTW servicing is every 4K and not on a time scedual.

Hope you find her soon

regards
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 05:05 PM

Hi Andrew your'e welcome. What type of MV appeals to you...Brutale or F4 sports bike?. I have a Brutale1078rr which 'may' be a little too much for you and coming from a 250 I think your choice of a 750 is a very wise one. The quality and exclusivity of an MV cannot be matched and if you do go for one you'll be 'livin the dream'!. You'll probably find the insurance a bit more expensive than other run of the mill bikes which I'm sure will be no surprise. Having said that, seeing as it's a 750 you're after it shouldn't be too bad. MVs tend to be bought by people who really appreciate true quality and as such getting one you'll find it'll have been really well looked after, probably not have many miles on it and have been serviced as it should have been. Despite what others (who have never owned an MV) say these bikes are very reliable and the members on this excellent forum will definitely offer help and advise with any concerns which you may have.....the thing is we ALL love these bikes and are only too willing to share whatever knowledge we have to each other. So Andrew get yourself an MV you'll love it!! Brian (BG) Wells.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 06:13 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Big Randaddy

Buy a Brutie Andrew..........Chicks dig 'em.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 AM

Welcome Andrew.

Can't help with these modern things..................go get yourself a classic MV and have some real fun!

No,only joking. You have come to the right place here, they are a good bunch and i'm sure you will get all the answers you need.

Don't forget to join the UK MV Club.

Dorian.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:12 AM

G-day mate wanna 312r ...
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 AM

Welcome Andrew....Good luck with the search for an MV.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Welcome to the site Andrew. What is your budget if you don't mind me asking? You can get an early 750 for around the £4000 - £5000 mark depending on age and condition etc. Most F4's have been well looked after but not all of course. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' springs to mind. If you can run to £7000 give me a call, I know someone who has a really nice low mileage 1000S for sale. Lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to La Case
Welcome Andrew,

With the roads of South Wales the Brutale has to be the bike of choice.

MV Agusta Brutale 910R (07)
Buell XB12X (06)
Honda NC24 (87)
KTM SM 690 Prestige (07) - Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode